SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having an issue where the car drops the call from the car and defaults back to having it from the phone? For instance, I'm driving and having a conversation, all of a sudden there is no sound over the car speakers and I hear the call coming out of my phone instead so I have to select on the phone that I want to hear it through the car. This happens sometimes multiple times in one call, completely random. It's not that service is interrupted, just how the audio comes through. Not sure if it's an issue with the car or the phone (iPhone X)? And speaking of... I used to get texts through the car... now they never come through - is that iPhone's fault or Volvo?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Anyone else having an issue where the car drops the call from the car and defaults back to having it from the phone? For instance, I'm driving and having a conversation, all of a sudden there is no sound over the car speakers and I hear the call coming out of my phone instead so I have to select on the phone that I want to hear it through the car. This happens sometimes multiple times in one call, completely random. It's not that service is interrupted, just how the audio comes through. Not sure if it's an issue with the car or the phone (iPhone X)? And speaking of... I used to get texts through the car... now they never come through - is that iPhone's fault or Volvo?
I have sparingly had the same issue while using CarPlay. My guess is that it is a CarPlay and Apple issue. I also have an iPhone X.

On a related note, while listening to Podcasts via CarPlay, the audio will freeze for about 5 min after if receiving notification of a new text message.

I will see if the Sensus/CarPlay update rectifies that later this month while I am in for 40K Service. Otherwise, could be fixed with iOS 13 update this Fall. If I still have the issue, I will turn off my iMessage/Text notifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had this issue before when using CarPlay. The problem turned out to be a bad lightning cable. Once replaced, no issues since.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Was the phone connected via bluetooth or cable? If it is bluetooth, see if streaming music also cuts in and out; then you may have intermittent RF interference issue.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the phone connected via bluetooth or cable? If it is bluetooth, see if streaming music also cuts in and out; then you may have intermittent RF interference issue.
My phone connects via Bluetooth... but I find these responses interesting because I don't stream music (I like SiriusXM) or have Apple CarPlay (at least to my knowledge) - I assume I was part of the era that would have had to pay for it? So my phone dropping off has nothing to do with CarPlay, maybe it's an iPhone issue? But yet my husband doesn't have the same problem with his iPhone X, Bluetooth connecting to his Jeep Wrangler... so I'm going to conclude this is a Volvo glitch.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It basically difficult to pin point the issue.
You’d have to go through a process of troubleshooting.

I would start with updates. Both phone and car (car total updates).

Then try another phone (I know it’s farfetched) and check if the issue persists.

Then if yes it’s the car if not it’s the phone.

In my opinion I’m weighing it towards an iPhone X issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try un-pairing the phone from Sensus, and Delete the Volvo from the bluetooth devices on your iPhone. Pair them again. It helped me a while back when I had bluetooth issue. I also have an iPhoneX and have no issues with bluetooth.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Happens to me sporadically...once a month...than its all good for few weeks etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts