SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone could recommend an aftermarket battery to replace the factory battery in my '95 850. <P>I am unsure on the series of battery the 850 uses. Also, is there a US domestic series battery that work just as well.<P>Thanks,<BR>Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Alan, <BR>The Volvo battery for the 850 sucks. I went through four of them while still under original warranty. Once out of warranty the dealer asked if I wanted to pay for one, I told them no way. I purchased a Die Hard International for the same price the dealer quoted me for a Volvo one ($100). The Die Hard hasn't died or given me a day of trouble and it's been in the car for slightly over 5 years. <BR>So to answer your question: Yes there are domestic batteries that I feel do a <B> better</B> job then the Volvo battery.<P>Hope this helps<P>Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stkelly:<BR><B>Scott</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No more Gaithersburg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Gaithersburg is where my parents live. I'm now married and living in Olney, which is only 5 miles from good ole G'burg. <BR>Kai, what about yourself? Are you still in Gaithersburg? It's been a while since I last saw everyone at a local get together. Hopefully everyone will be at the Volvos By The Bay show.<P>Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stkelly:<BR><B>Gaithersburg is where my parents live. I'm now married and living in Olney, which is only 5 miles from good ole G'burg. <BR>Kai, what about yourself? Are you still in Gaithersburg? It's been a while since I last saw everyone at a local get together. Hopefully everyone will be at the Volvos By The Bay show.<P>Scott</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Married now!? Wow..I guess Matt is probably next. Ah..Olney, they got some good new housing complex in that area. Nah, I moved outta Park Station Feb. of 2001. Couldn't stand the fact that the rent is almost as much as the mortgage on a decent house.<P>Yeah...you've disappeared for quite some time. I think the whole crew in this area will try to make it to that GTG.<P><BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrewToon:<BR><B>I was curious if anyone could recommend an aftermarket battery to replace the factory battery in my '95 850. <P>I am unsure on the series of battery the 850 uses. Also, is there a US domestic series battery that work just as well.<P>Thanks,<BR>Alan</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have just replaced my Battery last year when it blew up in style when i drove from one end of england to the other with fumes coming into the cabin and out the grille!<P>I wouldn't of mind but i was at a dealer the day before offering 25% off parts at a Volvo meet.<P>Anyway on average they last about 4 years i get about 80k out of mine. The new ones are from Bosch i think, the new Silver-cadium type. If you don't want volvo go with the Bosch or a good brand in the US.<P>UK VOC 94 850glt 2l 20v 168k.<P><BR><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_one_n_only:<BR><B> Married now!? Wow..I guess Matt is probably next. Ah..Olney, they got some good new housing complex in that area. Nah, I moved outta Park Station Feb. of 2001. Couldn't stand the fact that the rent is almost as much as the mortgage on a decent house.<P>Yeah...you've disappeared for quite some time. I think the whole crew in this area will try to make it to that GTG.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah Matt should definitely be next!! How's he doing by the way?? I haven't seen a post from him in a while....<BR>Well hopefully I won't disappear again for a while... I got so caught up in trying to get our Durango fixed that I didn't have any time for much else car wise. Well I'll hopefully see everyone at the upcoming show. I definitely want to see your gem up close!! <P>Scott<BR>
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top