SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone could recommend an aftermarket battery to replace the factory battery in my '95 850.

I am unsure on the series of battery the 850 uses. Also, is there a US domestic series battery that work just as well.

Thanks,
Alan

· Registered
90 Posts
Alan,
The Volvo battery for the 850 sucks. I went through four of them while still under original warranty. Once out of warranty the dealer asked if I wanted to pay for one, I told them no way. I purchased a Die Hard International for the same price the dealer quoted me for a Volvo one ($100). The Die Hard hasn't died or given me a day of trouble and it's been in the car for slightly over 5 years.
So to answer your question: Yes there are domestic batteries that I feel do a better job then the Volvo battery.

Hope this helps

Scott

· Registered
90 Posts
Gaithersburg is where my parents live. I'm now married and living in Olney, which is only 5 miles from good ole G'burg.
Kai, what about yourself? Are you still in Gaithersburg? It's been a while since I last saw everyone at a local get together. Hopefully everyone will be at the Volvos By The Bay show.

Scott

· Registered
6,477 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by stkelly:
Gaithersburg is where my parents live. I'm now married and living in Olney, which is only 5 miles from good ole G'burg.
Kai, what about yourself? Are you still in Gaithersburg? It's been a while since I last saw everyone at a local get together. Hopefully everyone will be at the Volvos By The Bay show.

Scott
Married now!? Wow..I guess Matt is probably next. Ah..Olney, they got some good new housing complex in that area. Nah, I moved outta Park Station Feb. of 2001. Couldn't stand the fact that the rent is almost as much as the mortgage on a decent house.

Yeah...you've disappeared for quite some time. I think the whole crew in this area will try to make it to that GTG.

· Registered
22 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by CrewToon:
I was curious if anyone could recommend an aftermarket battery to replace the factory battery in my '95 850.

I am unsure on the series of battery the 850 uses. Also, is there a US domestic series battery that work just as well.

Thanks,
Alan
I have just replaced my Battery last year when it blew up in style when i drove from one end of england to the other with fumes coming into the cabin and out the grille!

I wouldn't of mind but i was at a dealer the day before offering 25% off parts at a Volvo meet.

Anyway on average they last about 4 years i get about 80k out of mine. The new ones are from Bosch i think, the new Silver-cadium type. If you don't want volvo go with the Bosch or a good brand in the US.

UK VOC 94 850glt 2l 20v 168k.

· Registered
90 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Married now!? Wow..I guess Matt is probably next. Ah..Olney, they got some good new housing complex in that area. Nah, I moved outta Park Station Feb. of 2001. Couldn't stand the fact that the rent is almost as much as the mortgage on a decent house.

Yeah...you've disappeared for quite some time. I think the whole crew in this area will try to make it to that GTG.

Yeah Matt should definitely be next!! How's he doing by the way?? I haven't seen a post from him in a while....
Well hopefully I won't disappear again for a while... I got so caught up in trying to get our Durango fixed that I didn't have any time for much else car wise. Well I'll hopefully see everyone at the upcoming show. I definitely want to see your gem up close!!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.