SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been at the Brunswick GA port for going on sixteen days and not sure when it's going to be released. Thought we were going to pick up this week but found out there was another delay. Here's what we learned so far:

1st week ( hood latch problem)
2nd week ( flex ray module)
3rd week ( leather dash had several wrinkles in it and has to be replaced)
*Not sure when the car will be released, any thoughts?

·
Registered
673 Posts
That's got to be so frustrating to have the car finally be on American soil and yet still out of reach. Hopefully, they will get everything taken care of and have it on its way to you soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is no fun. Mine came into Baltimore and sat for 14 day and that drove me crazy. Prior to that, it sat in Gothenburg for 4 weeks due to the airbag recall and them running out of parts to fix that. So, from the OSD drop-off on August 18th until it was at the dealer, it was 9 weeks. Good luck! You'll love it when you get it!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine is currently at Port of Baltimore as well. It came of the ship on 10/25 and on 10/26 went through customs release and now is in a status called "liner release". Anyone know what that status means and are there other statuses after that?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine showed a liner release date of 10/12 and then we found out about all the other things that were going on. At first I thought it meant it had shipped to my dealer but I was wrong! I started a thread asking what liner release meant a week ago but didn't have much response. I hope yours ships out quickly for you and you don't have to put up with any of the problems we encountered! Our dealer did say he would compensate us somehow for all of the frustration this process has caused us!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thx. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there aren't any issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get the impression that Liner Release is just an indication that the shipping company, in this case ACL, has released it from their system or is transferring responsibility to the next party. There is one more status that can occur and that is "Delivered from" and the impression I get of that status is that is when it is released to the trucking company.

This information is purely assumption on my part. If someone knows a more accurate version of the truth, please contribute!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you guys have to call the dealer to get the status after your car is at the port, or there is a online status?

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do you guys have to call the dealer to get the status after your car is at the port, or there is a online status?
Once it is off the ship, only the dealer can track it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once it is off the ship, only the dealer can track it.
I originally said my liner release was 10/12, but I meant it stated delivered from Brunswick GA on 10/12. The car hadn't gone anywhere, so my best guess is the dealer is the only one that can tell what's up!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I originally said my liner release was 10/12, but I meant it stated delivered from Brunswick GA on 10/12. The car hadn't gone anywhere, so my best guess is the dealer is the only one that can tell what's up!
Remember the dealer/salesmen wants you to get your car. He doesn't get paid until it leaves the lot. If there was a way to get it faster he would. Plus there is nothing he can do other then make one call and hope something happens... doesn't always.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts