SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car at 110k, have some extra cash, what do I give some love?

Guys, original owner and my 06 V70R has been a great car so far. I am normally way ahead on the maintenance schedule and was looking at what I need to do at the 110k service. Looks like I need the oil changed, brake fluid changed, air filter cartridge. Should I do spark plugs yet or closer to 150k? Should I do the PCV service recommended at 120k now? Anything else? To my knowledge, I haven't yet done any engine/trans mounts, nor endlinks or front suspension repairs except for new front struts 5k ago. I have already done the drive belt and timing belt services and the fuel filter. Pads look like they have 5mm left, so I will need to do those and rotors on the next service. What am I missing? Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Spark plugs every 60K miles
Breather is up to you, only you know if it's clogged

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
What about control arm bushings? Those are usually gone by that mileage. Also, rear struts? Depends on your roads I guess, but mine were clunky by 80k. Timing belt? Again, I had a pulley start to disintegrate around 70k and I caught it before there was major valve carnage, but I think the recommended service interval for the timing belt is 105k (either that or 120k, but no harm in doing it early).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I was going to suggest timing belt as well but he said he already did that. In that case, my vote will always be suspension bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts