SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've been driving the SR for a bit now since I had some work done on it and I can't seem to get the CD changer to come up as a source on the head unit. The owner before me had the USA Spec wired in and I have a hookup for the Ipod and Aux for the phone. I could always get the CD changer to come up as a source but now I can't I read the manual and it doesn't help and I checked the fuse in the back and it's fine. Help

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Did you by chance disconnect the connector into the backside of the HU? It will go in the wrong way, upside down, and will cause the CD changer to not be detected.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never touched the back of the HU

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Cycle the power to the USA spec unit.
My old Volvo iPod unit used to do that.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just by unplugging the connector from the HU to the unit?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
I'd start with power to the USA unit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the Volvo ipod adapter and it does this periodically. It will be there for 4 months and then it will disappear for like 6. It always seems to come back eventually. Never tried disconnecting the battery or cycling power to the unit as I don't know how. Figured it was my HU-850 going out.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see. Yeah just went out to the car and tried some more. I kept unplugging it from the USA SPEC and nothing happened. Tried cycling the buttons on the HU a bunch of times too. Hm.. everything else works perfectly on the HU soooo wtf.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just for reference, this is what I have.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Have you called USA Spec and asked if they have any suggestions? I found they were very helpful when I was researching a couple years ago.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think its something with the HU. I still have to look behind the HU, a little hesitant to do so

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don't be afraid to dig in, it's not bad at all. I installed a USA Spec unit (actually a Neo Pro but they are the same thing made by the same company) in mine back in 2011 using a guide here on the forum. Took an hour max.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fixed it. Turned out to be the 1 amp fuse that the original kit came with. Fuse bad. Good to go now. Repair man man man man man.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts