SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my C70 via the OSD last weekend and have a couple of questions I cannot seem to get answered in the Owners Manual not through fumbling through the menus and settings for the last week. Here goes:

1. When putting the top down, is there a way to get the windows to all go down as well? Every time I lower the top, after the trunk closes, the windows go up instead of down.

2. Is there a way to set the car so the horn honks when I lock the car with the remote?

Am sure I will have plenty more questions!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome.

1. Yes, this is a quirk that gets some getting used to, although it is handy when temps are on the chilly side (but still top down-able) and you want to keep the windows up. EDIT There is an aftermarket solution that may do what you are looking for -- search for SmartTop or check out this thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?130588-SmartTop-for-C70-first-video&highlight=smarttop

2. Hmmm, have to check up on that one. I have it set so that the side mirrors fold in and that sort of serves as my audible reminder. I've gotten used to no horn or beep. As you know you have visible indicators as well (side marker lights flashing, orange LEDs by the inside door handles, red LED on center of dash under windshield).

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
reg, I'm not sure that window down thingie works on our '11. I'm pretty sure I've put the top down after having the windows down and, sure enough, they all go up at the end of the process.

I've not desired an audible 'vehicle locked' confirmation since our RX330 had the nice Lexus 'chirp'. To me, it's more of an annoyance to be 'honked at' when in the parking lot or walking down the street. I swear, some of the trucks here in Texas have air horns hooked up to their key fobs!:mad: With all the flashing lights and mirrors closing, it's hard to miss the locking process.

Now, if you're trying to FIND your vehicle using sound, THAT'S another story.;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now, if you're trying to FIND your vehicle using sound, THAT'S another story.;)
Exactly! I have a bad habit of parking very far away from everyone with the hope that I will easily find my car and no one dings it or shoves a shopping cart into it. I guess it would help if I actually took notice of WHERE I parked it but I seem to fall into LaLaLand when I park lately! So I miss the horn sound on the C70.

I do remember parking my Touareg in a huge NJ shopping center and totally forgot where I parked. I had to call mall security and we spent over 2 hours searching. If it weren't for the horn, I would have never located it! Thought the Touareg was stolen. I'm just old and brainless these days. :confused:

·
Registered
649 Posts
reg, I'm not sure that window down thingie works on our '11. I'm pretty sure I've put the top down after having the windows down and, sure enough, they all go up at the end of the process.
coach, you are correct. I really could've sworn that I was able to keep the windows down and then put the top down... but you are right, even if put down all the windows they then go back up after the top goes down. So I edited my earlier post -- sorry wilkinson for the misinformation.

Truthfully, this does not bug me that much, but I can see how others would be annoyed.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
coach, you are correct. I really could've sworn that I was able to keep the windows down and then put the top down... but you are right, even if put down all the windows they then go back up after the top goes down. So I edited my earlier post -- sorry wilkinson for the misinformation.

Truthfully, this does not bug me that much, but I can see how others would be annoyed.
I DO have to wonder why they designed it this way. It seems to be an unnecessary step, addressing a problem that doesn't exist, I reckon. The non-one-touch controls for the rear windows is also a mystery.

Anybody heard about a 'replacement' for the C70? It'll be 4 years or so before we're looking again...plenty of time for Volvo to develop a new model. We're in for the 15K checkup next week...other than the serious 'turbo lag' problem, ours is running just fine.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the input...looks like I there was a good reason the owners manual didnt tell me how to do either of them :) I will just have to get used to it but other than that I LOVE the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts