SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting power to the device, but it seems to be on all of the time, rather than switched. Here's where I am so far:

I followed some previous posts on here and tried to hardwire my Valentine-1 radar detector to a switched 12V power source. I ran the cable down the driver's A-pillar to the fuse box underneath (left side of the dash). I used an appropriate install kit from Valentine, as well as a "real" micro fuse tap. I grounded to one of the 8mm bolts that holds the fusebox/dash to the body. I am quite sure that I wired everything correctly.

I tried fuse 11 which says ignition-switched, I tried 13 and 14 I believe as well. They all seem to be supplying power constantly, even the one for the stereo. I don't get it :confused: All I want is for it to turn on and off with the car. It's an 07 XC90 3.2, late build date (04/07 I think). Does this car have some kind of weird power delay (i.e. it powers on when you open the door, powers off when you lock it, etc?)

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have an 04. This is the one I use. I found that some of the fuses stay on after the key is out but only for a short time.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same exact fuse tap that you have. Do you need to have two fuses in it, for it to work? It seems like if I put a fuse in the outer slot (on the tap), I get power to the device. I put the fuse on the inside slot, no power. I tried every slot in that fuse compartment. It all appears to be running, 24x7. I locked/unlocked the car, waited for 2+ mins... nothing. So weird.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The inner fuse is for whatever the tap is plugged into. The outer fuse is for what it's powering. Your outer fuse should not be larger than your inner fuse for obvious reasons.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts