SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the Volvo dealer after the update. My modem did not work before and now I can connect the XC90 apparently, but these problems showed up so far.

Neither the Volvo dealer nor I could connect a phone to the vehicle hot spot. We see the password "greyed" out but the phone does not connect when we enter the password.

I cannot add my phone as a linked data device, although it does connect to the XC90 for phone calls and texts.

Glympse will not let me add people to send updates.

It seems likely there may be other related(?) issues I have not bumped into.

There was a problem with one of the BLS cameras so I will go back next week.

In the meantime I would appreciate help figuring out why I have these connectivity problems.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I suffered a phone (Samsung) "connectivity" issue after each software upgrade and occasionally in between upgrades. Took it to two dealers who could not solve it. I think I now understand what is going on. The issue was that after the upgrades the steering wheel selector button that toggles between ODOMETER, MEDIA, PHONE, and NAVIGATION would not work for PHONE. Specifically, PHONE was greyed out so that you could not initiate a call using that steering wheel button. Deleting the phone and pairing it again worked until the engine was shut off and then turned back on. I finally thought through what the symptoms were and realized that the steering wheel selector switch when toggled to PHONE really only selects the RECENT CALLS to be listed. Sure enough, when the symptoms were present if I went to the central Sensus touch panel screen and went to PHONE and then RECENT, the XC90 responded that the phone rejected the request to share its recent calls list (or something to that effect). It gave a choice of CANCEL or TRY AGAIN. TRY AGAIN worked and solved the problem. It has happened again only twice since, both times the phone was brought into the car in an unusual state. For example, the phone was left in SETTINGS, DEVICE, SCREEN SHARE. If the phone is brought into the car with no or most other apps running, everything is fine. In all case when the steering wheel PHONE function was greyed out, the phone really was connected, meaning that I could get and make calls.
Hope this might help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts