SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to connect to some stations via the TuneIn app in Sensus. When I try it gives me a "Connection Error". Other stations connect just fine. It's not the station tho. My work around has been to connect my iPhone via CarPlay and then use my iPhone app. That works perfectly.

If anyone else can confirm or deny it's just me, I am unable to connect to WHQG from Milwaukee on Sensus but it works fine via iOS. WGN720 in Chicago works fine in both Sensus and iOS.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Via CarPlay is using your phone connection, vs in-car WiFi. I think issue may be the WiFi. When I had the WiFi, saw similar intermittent issues with inability to connect

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
I am unable to connect to some stations via the TuneIn app in Sensus. When I try it gives me a "Connection Error". Other stations connect just fine. It's not the station tho. My work around has been to connect my iPhone via CarPlay and then use my iPhone app. That works perfectly.

If anyone else can confirm or deny it's just me, I am unable to connect to WHQG from Milwaukee on Sensus but it works fine via iOS. WGN720 in Chicago works fine in both Sensus and iOS.
It happens, on occasion, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine too, though I just attributed it to my AT&T trial expiring; however, weather app, Glympse, and RTTI all still work fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Via CarPlay is using your phone connection, vs in-car WiFi. I think issue may be the WiFi. When I had the WiFi, saw similar intermittent issues with inability to connect
I should have mentioned that I bought the AT&T Wireless Package (and love it). My phone connects to the cars wifi so I don't think that's the issue. I suppose I could flip it and have the car use my phones hot spot just to test it out though.

·
Registered
9 Posts

https://www.volvocars.com/my/support/article/b863fc0ad77848b5c0a801515970036d

Updates from and including April 2019
Improved logic for the seatbelt reminder in the rear seat. The signal will stop sounding when the car stops and start sounding again when the car moves.
Altered optimisation in the infotainment system for compensation for engine noise. Slightly altered sound may be heard.
Improved feedback for Pilot Assist. Under certain conditions, the steering wheel vibrates slightly when Pliot Assist steering assistance is disconnected, adaptive cruise control remains active. The same vibration as for lane assist is used when the car is about to leave its lane.
Amended messages in the driver display (12-inch) for the Start/Stop function. A start/stop symbol has been added and the texts "Ready" and "Off" have been removed. See Altered start/stop symbols
Updating of Apple CarPlay:
Simplified start-up after an iPhone has been connected.
Visual notification of incoming text messages and other notifications from an iPhone.
Improved positioning when using map services in Apple CarPlay in China.
Improved software in Tuneln, more channels will work.
Improved searching of points of interest (POI) in the navigation system.
Performance and stability improvements in the infotainment system.
The user has a new timer for the vehicle's approach light. It used to be 30 seconds, and the new change means it is now 120 seconds.
Improvement of the engine management system's optimisation.
Improvement of the transmission system's optimisation.

Maybe the new update will help:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts