SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a my13 s60
I have been trying to retrofit an newer model DIM into my car.
Ive bought a Volvo Dice, and tried to connect my car with Vida/vdash but no luck, so I thought my dice was faulty.
Yesterday I have contacted Volvotune, and i drove to to them to get the DIM fitted.
When I arrived he tried plugging my car into his laptop; vida asked to manually input the VIN of my car, and further didn't do anything diagnostic readings of my car.
vDash gets past the self-test but it gets stuck on detecting car.
To make sure they didn't have faulty equipment they hooked up the device to another Volvo, and it read out straight with no problem.
While doing this all, my horn fuse was removed at all time.
The OBDII wires are already cut and tapped to the dim connector but aren't connected yet (metal terminals are isolated now).
Im really stuck on what I should do I hope to find some guidance here, if not ill probably have to get it checked by a dealer.
I think the OBDII port has power because the dice lights and powers up, its just not sending out information about my car.

Thanks in regard

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bump for this - This is exactly what is happening to my MY13 S60. VDASH is stuck on Detecting Vehicle. DICE green light is flashing, horn fuse removed, battery charger connected, DIM waiting to go in. Its been stuck for ages now.

Anyone know why? How long should it take to Detect the vehicle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts