SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start this morning and warm car up... touching the temp button on screen either driver or passenger side - it wont open - just a click but nothing... its stuck on 71 No combination of clicks, car restarts, etc will allow me to open the temp scrolling bar to change the temperature. Anyone have this problem? Almost fee like it needs a hard reboot or something...???

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Haven't experienced. Have you tried actually driving the car since you had the problem -- shifting out of park, etc.?

Do the second row temp controls work?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't experienced. Have you tried actually driving the car since you had the problem -- shifting out of park, etc.?

Do the second row temp controls work?
I drove down the driveway and back no prob... rear controls work!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went back outside....touched temp and didn't work...after tapping it 4-5 times..poof...it worked! What the.... Don't tell me the car needs to be warmed up to turn the temp up....!??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just went back outside....touched temp and didn't work...after tapping it 4-5 times..poof...it worked! What the.... Don't tell me the car needs to be warmed up to turn the temp up....!??
Ugh.. sorry to hear about another gremlin. You can always try voice commands to warm up/cool down your car too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
In general I've been concerned about no way to reset apps or the whole center screen. However, I've not yet seen a case where an app freezes and stays stuck. The most common thing to freeze for me is a text message popping up on my dash display, and the steering wheel buttons being unable to clear it and therefore unable to function otherwise. Opening up the messages app has worked to clear that in the past. Perhaps opening the climate control screen would have had the same effect here but it sounds like it worked itself out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried messing with all screens.. I'm still not certain what caused it to unfreeze at this point. Would appreciate hearing from others if they've had similar experiences because its going to be a big problem when it starts to get cold out. Using voice commands is a great idea for a work around... Where in the heck is a list of all voice commands, does it exisit?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't know if this will be legible, but my dealer gave me a cheat sheet from their training program for voice commands. Climate is on the second page.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Using voice commands is a great idea for a work around... Where in the heck is a list of all voice commands, does it exisit?
Besides the list above, I always just say "I'm Cold", or "I'm Hot", and the system will turn up/down the temp by about 2 degrees accordingly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolut- thank you! This is great....why didn't my dealer give me this? Is this not supposed to be in my User Manual somewhere..did I miss it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts