SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2005 2.5T with Xenon headlights and recently someone reversed into me in a parking lot and broke my right side headlight.

Xenon headlights are stupid expensive, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to buy a standard Halogen headlight, and use parts of my broken one to make it work with xenon bulbs.

Is this doable?

Thank's in advance!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I think they are completely different creatures. How much of your Xenon is broken? Sometimes you can find just the glass. People do part out damaged ones from time to time. Another option would be to get a pair of halogens and do a bi-xenon retrofit with an aftermarket kit. My conversion is in the picture.

·
Registered
17,718 Posts
No can do. Besides the plastic lens.

You can put glass lens xenons on with the right harnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Apparently, there were different styles of bi-xenon lights in 07. The R style with the glass lens and silver trim, and the style you have, which looks more like the standard halogen light. You might be able to get a lens from a standard halogen headlight, since they appear to be the same. A real pain to get apart - bake in the oven @230F for 30 minutes and carefully pry the lens off. You'll need a new butyl rubber seal to seal the new lens to the old housing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never thought replacing a headlight could be such a pain...

I'll never say anything bad about the pcv system ever again :D

I'll see what I can get my hands on in the classifieds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Exocet, do you happen to know if the connections for these types of headlights are the same as mine?

They seem to be similar to the one you posted.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
@Exocet, do you happen to know if the connections for these types of headlights are the same as mine?

They seem to be similar to the one you posted.
Since it appears to be a C70, I don't think so.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Aren't they the same as yours?

By looking at the rounded middle part I mean.
They appear to be a projector headlight. Projectors can be either halogen or xenon. Bi-xenons were optional on the C70s. But, I don't think the C70 headlights are the same as the S60/V70 headlights.

My headlights are aftermarket Morimoto Mini H1 bi-xenons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts