Canadian Volvo Club 32nd Annual Family Day

Hosted by Bev & Bev Hughes
22679 Wonderland Road North
Ilderton, Ontario

Car Show & Flea Market
People's Choice Awards!
Door Prizes & 50/50 Draw
Food Booth and Children's Activites & Play Area

$10 per car registration & non-members are welcome!

Awards Plaques courtesy of Fanshawe Motors!

For more information, including accommodation, please use the links above, or contact Rick Guy 519-232-4502 or Bev Hughes 519-666-0452.

Know a teenager who needs community service credits?

Volunteer for our July 29th Family Day and earn mandatory school credits in community service! Contact any of the organizers for more information! Rick Guy 519-232-4502 or Bev Hughes 519-666-0452

Visit http://www.canadianvolvoclub.org/events.htm for more details, accommodation information, downloadable posters and maps.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I hope to be there this year!

I missed out last year but made it out to the past two before that, and always had a blast.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I'll be there for sure, never missed one the past 2 years, won't miss this one either.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'll be down for a convoy!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Convoy! I'm down... :)

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Looks like some organizing will be needed. Hopefully we can make it huge!
The CVC meet is huge every year incase you haven't gone. It's usually over 100 cars, mostly older historical Volvos from the CVC members. You'll see once you'll arrive. One of the most interesting things is how they segregate the categories for the awards. One of the awards up for grabs is S/V/C which is a huge range of cars(sedans, wagons, coupes) between the years of 1998-2012. Then there is XC, which has barely any cars that show up for the meet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The CVC meet is huge every year incase you haven't gone. It's usually over 100 cars, mostly older historical Volvos from the CVC members. You'll see once you'll arrive. One of the most interesting things is how they segregate the categories for the awards. One of the awards up for grabs is S/V/C which is a huge range of cars(sedans, wagons, coupes) between the years of 1998-2012. Then there is XC, which has barely any cars that show up for the meet.
Quite excited to check it out this year. I was on my way last year when someone hit my car when i was just outside Burlington and aborted the mission. I was talking about organizing a convoy and hopefully it's huge :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The categories of awards are monitored every year resulting in changes. This years change ... The V's are in with the XC's to even things out.:beer::D

·
Registered
586 Posts
The categories of awards are monitored every year resulting in changes. This years change ... The V's are in with the XC's to even things out.:beer::D
Will the '98-'00s S/V/C70s be separate from the '01+ S/V/C70s, 60s, 40s, etc etc?

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
I will be at the show as well. Of the 32 years it has been going on I missed less then a handful of shows. Wow, I am really aging myself! Actually I think the first one was actually at my dads house...

·
Registered
290 Posts
This will be my first attending this meet. hopefully get my mod's done by then :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So is registration at the event?

As for the convoy, what time and location are we meeting at? I'm guessing somewhere around the Mississauga area, then pass through Hamilton to meet up with a second convoy, then drive down altogether to London.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Basically, you drive up to the gate and pay at the entrance. They'll give you a sheet with your registration number where you can write down your car along with its mods, that you can display on your dash for others to see.

Convoy info here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?176319-32nd-CVC-meet-convoy.

Basically one of the meeting points in Mississauga would be in the Heartland Area, around Timmies/Volvo of Mississauga. It was suggested to meet at around 8:30-9, but that's when the show starts lol. Usually in the years that I've gone, I would typically get there around 9-ish, to get a good spot.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What happened to the pics I posted?

Edit: Nevermind, posted them in the other thread LOL

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just got back from this event. My girlfriend and I had a great time and was happy to see the amount of Volvos for the convoy... Here are some pics!

Didnt want my freshly painted bumper all bugged and chipped up...soooo

Then we got carried away hahaha!

Convoy...

Saw this LMFAO!

And some cars..

I didnt take many as i had my phone camera lol and many other brought proper setups so ill let them post up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts