SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 XC60 R-Design

It's a canadian model and it has Daytime Running Lights. The lame DRL is actually just having all lights on at all time.

To avoid wear and tarnishing of the lenses and bulbs, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the xenon headlights (keep all other parking light on) and put the headlight on real auto mode?

Or is it possible to install fog lights (I know we can do that) or install a led set like IPD and use them as DRL?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think you would need to buy the american or euro light switch and get the dealer to flash your computer with the software used to control it. Or you can do what I did and connect a low beam wire harness to my high beams and have my lows turn on only when I hit the highs. I have no more high beams, but being in the city, it doesn't matter to me

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Isn't it law (a damm good one) that all Canadian cars have DRL's? I don't think the dealer would be able to turn it off for you if thats the case. You can buy a bootleg Dice unit and download Vida software. Not sure what other options you have with your set-up

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
DRLs are law, you'll get pulled over for driving a modern car with no DRLs running.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I think what he is trying to ask is can he have front lights ONLY on and not all lights (which is NOT required in Canada) and is a real PIA and not necessary.
I don't know if the new cars have software to allow that, (in the US) the P2 cars can be adjusted if you know what to to

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've wondered the same as my 2011 T6 Canadian XC60 has all it's lights on all the time - I even drove back from the airport a couple of nights ago without turning the lights on (I would have noticed had I needed to use high-beams). It's got the little DRL accent-lights on the front, but for some reason that nice daytime lighting is supplemented with the full-bore HIDs. Seems like a waste of energy to me. But I suspect its only a dealer (or DiCE) that can change that setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts