SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic piece at the base of the boot that snaps into the console is broken into many bits on my 2007. Is that replaceable without buying a whole new boot at $170 from the dealer?

·
Registered
231 Posts
The plastic piece at the base of the boot that snaps into the console is broken into many bits on my 2007. Is that replaceable without buying a whole new boot at $170 from the dealer?
Nope -- it's part of the boot and not available separately. $170 is too much though. For the standard boot which should include that ring (not the leather accessory OEM one) it's part number 30711361. Volvo "suggested list" is less than $60.00. Obviously each dealer charges what they want, but you can get it cheaper. We (IPD) don't carry it at the moment, but could get it for you if you wanted within a couple weeks. If you want/need it quicker looks like Tasca has it for $43.00 here: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/30711361. I doubt you'll find it cheaper than that.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
As Cameron said, you need to buy a new boot. Tasca's ebay store has them for $50 shipped. If you have a nice boot, get the cheap one and swap the clip. Or spend a little more and upgrade to a leather boot.

I'm working on a 3D printable design to replace that retainer clip. Something slightly thicker than stock since it breaks so easily. It sucks... One of the common parts to break and you have to buy a whole new assembly just to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts