SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well?

Wiki says...

"The five Scandinavian countries are Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, and Denmark."

The word "Volvo" is the same in these countries but how do you say "Swedespeed" in Norwegian?

George Dill

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you ask many Finns, they would say Iceland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Finland would be included in "Finno-Scania". Different language family (related to Estonian and Hungarian) than the Scandinavians. Could Wiki be wrong? Unheard of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Scandinavian countries are Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark as George mentioned.

People from Sweden, Norway and Denmark can speak their native language to each other as most words are the same (can maybe be compared to north and south USA?).

I (Danish) along with most Danes find it easiest to speak with people from Norway even though we are geographically closer to Sweden.

The spoken language in Finland is completely different from Swedish, Norwegian and Danish and we do not understand a word of what they are saying. I can understand some words from Iceland but not enough to make a conversation.

Swedespeed in Danish: Svensk Fart/Hastighed
Swedespeed in Swedish: Svensk Fart/Hastighet
Sweedspeed in Norwegian: Svenske Fart

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting info :) we could see the similarities of the Norsk/Dansk/svensk in some words .. but yeah Finns and icelandic are totally unrecognizable words when we were traveling in Scandinavia. One commonality .. expensive country but simply beautiful . Can't wait to go back to Stockholm / Copenhagen and this time to volvo museum in Gothenborg.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Interesting info :) we could see the similarities of the Norsk/Dansk/svensk in some words .. but yeah Finns and icelandic are totally unrecognizable words when we were traveling in Scandinavia. One commonality .. expensive country but simply beautiful . Can't wait to go back to Stockholm / Copenhagen and this time to volvo museum in Gothenborg.
Me too!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts