SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got a new 2018 V60. I think it might have been the last in the country - had only 40 miles
on it.

I see that there is an option only available if you have sport mode to set the steering firmness.
My car doesn't have the sport package.

In general I am not sorry about that because in California, the roads are generally only one step
above whatever the worst road you can imagine, so having 19" wheels and a stiffer suspension
would not make things more pleasant. In fact, I wish that it had 17" wheels because then there
would be even more space between the road and the rim.

In any case, I would like to have the steering option because, alas, unlike our dear 2007 V50, the
steering on the V60 is rather vague and numb. I was hoping that increasing the effort might help
to alleviate that.

I did look through other posts that touched on this but I couldn't find one that really answered my
question in any degree of certainty. Knowing that someone else's car had sport mode doesn't
help.

Comments or ideas ?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I just got a new 2018 V60. I think it might have been the last in the country - had only 40 miles
on it.

I see that there is an option only available if you have sport mode to set the steering firmness.
My car doesn't have the sport package.

In general I am not sorry about that because in California, the roads are generally only one step
above whatever the worst road you can imagine, so having 19" wheels and a stiffer suspension
would not make things more pleasant. In fact, I wish that it had 17" wheels because then there
would be even more space between the road and the rim.

In any case, I would like to have the steering option because, alas, unlike our dear 2007 V50, the
steering on the V60 is rather vague and numb. I was hoping that increasing the effort might help
to alleviate that.

I did look through other posts that touched on this but I couldn't find one that really answered my
question in any degree of certainty. Knowing that someone else's car had sport mode doesn't
help.

Comments or ideas ?

Thanks!!
Hello and welcome!

Check your owners manual - I believe you can set this without a sports package (sorry I'm not sure if that is a thing).

I'm able to set it in my '16 S60 inscription by going to My Car - Vehicle Settings... in there should be the option for steering force. I recall you have to be stopped (i think you can be in drive just not moving) and you and choose 3 different levels of feedback. Good Luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe the adaptive steering is an option and may not be on all cars as standard. Mechanical vs electric steering pump.

Is this true?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Check your owners manual - I believe you can set this without a sports package (sorry I'm not sure if that is a thing).

I'm able to set it in my '16 S60 inscription by going to My Car - Vehicle Settings... in there should be the option for steering force. I recall you have to be stopped (i think you can be in drive just not moving) and you and choose 3 different levels of feedback. Good Luck!
I believe the adaptive steering is an option and may not be on all cars as standard. Mechanical vs electric steering pump.

Is this true?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
At the very least, it must be an option or available on certain trim levels because my car certainly doesn't have that in the vehicle settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts