SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add a third row seat in a two seater. It's an '06 if it matters. It's likely that this current two seater will be mine if and when we have more kids.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Re: Can you add a 3rd row seat? (Beiner)

I don't believe it's possible, this issue was brought up in the last few model years. I am not an expert on it, but unless they made some significant redesigns ??? I do not believe retrofit is a viable option.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts

It's a lot more than the seats. For one, they retract into a special floor. For another, there isn't any safety equipment. For a third, the rear suspension is different (self-leveling and increased load rated). Finally, there are options such as the rear audio controls, rear a/c and up-rated alternator that aren't there (of course those are less important).<p>Bottom line - not worth it, even if possible.<p>Tom.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Beiner</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it possible to add a third row seat in a two seater. It's an '06 if it matters. It's likely that this current two seater will be mine if and when we have more kids.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>It cannot be done. It is a structural issue unlike the V70s where it is just an add-on.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
327 Posts

If you plan to keep this vehicle for a few years, get the third row. When our kids were 2 & 4, we never used the third row. Now, they are 5 and 7, and we are driving all their school friends around. Plan ahead, it's not worth the money to keep changing cars every few years to fit your family needs. To each its own, but I don't like buying cars every few years and have no need to keep up with the trends, so I plan to keep all my cars at least 10 years so long as they are mechanically sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts