SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand due to regulations in the US that we can not have the camera default to the 360 setting when putting into reverse. That's been established.

However, in a forward gear when you hit the camera button it defaults to the front bumper camera. Is there anyway to make that default to the 360 camera instead? To me 360 is the most helpful when pulling in to a tight parking space.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Yes, we feel free to discuss. But Volvo doesn't implement it. :(
I know some new Geely cars bring up 360 degree view automatically when speed is very slow. I hope Volvo take the idea too.

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
My default is 360 and that's what I always use. But I live in Europe.
Same in Canada, what is the rationale for not allowing it in the US?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I understand due to regulations in the US that we can not have the camera default to the 360 setting when putting into reverse. That's been established.

However, in a forward gear when you hit the camera button it defaults to the front bumper camera. Is there anyway to make that default to the 360 camera instead? To me 360 is the most helpful when pulling in to a tight parking space.
What regulation prevents this? I see it default on other vehicles in the US

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What regulation prevents this? I see it default on other vehicles in the US
I understand that it has something to do with how big of an area behind the car is in view with the 360 camera. If deemed not enough during testing or during some kind of govt safety application process I guess, then the manufacturer must default to rear-view.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ahhh, okay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts