SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is looking for a new XC60, very specifically equipped such that its almost impossible to find. We don't have the luxury of time to order one, so is it possible to simply swap out the linear lime inlays for the metal mesh inlays? Any idea on where I could buy them?

Thanks in advance - Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks - just realized that its the driftwood, not linear lime. She doesn't like either, so still the same situation unless we wait the 3 weeks for the one to come from California....

·
Registered
170 Posts
When we were shopping for our XC60 we noticed the R Design in the showroom with the metal mesh was dented in a few spots (it is definitely more delicate than the wood inlays). My wife immediately noticed it and said we are not getting the metal mesh (which I personally liked better).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FI you get the brown ones, I'll swap with you... I made the mistake of not getting the brown and got the metal.
that's an interesting proposal!

Driftwood looks pretty nice, too... (That's what I have).

You may consider buying the vehicle that you otherwise like and try to live with the driftwood for a while. You may find that it grows on you. If you later decide you really don't care for it, you can buy replacements from the dealer or try to arrange a swap with another owner. No reason you HAVE to do that at time of purchase.
True, but it's the wife that is taking issue with it and she rarely, if ever changes her mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks - just realized that its the driftwood, not linear lime. She doesn't like either, so still the same situation unless we wait the 3 weeks for the one to come from California....
Wait. Is the "wait" only 3 weeks? If so, wait to get what you want.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All true, and we're not desperate by any means, her current car has a meaningful oil leak which worries her. I put quart in the back just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
In terms of swapping them out - don't forget about the center console sliding cover and the spring loaded cover in front of it - they both need to be changed too...

·
Registered
117 Posts
In terms of swapping them out - don't forget about the center console sliding cover and the spring loaded cover in front of it - they both need to be changed too...
Mine is black... On the momentum you wouldn't need to swap it. Only the non-poors would have to worry about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We decided to forgo the swap option, and another local dealer found one that met all of our specs. I'm not sure how, since the trim was mis-labled online, but the pics clearly show the maroon brown seats with the mesh inlays. Now to just get it here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts