SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on the VADIS DVD<p>The only function of the clock is to display the time in hours and minutes. The clock is in the upper display.<br>Information is transmitted from the central electronic module (CEM) (4/56) to the driver information module (DIM) (5/1) via the controller area network (CAN).<br>The customer can adjust the time using a knob at the bottom of the driver information module (DIM). During adjustment, the driver information module (DIM) transmits the new time to the central electronic module (CEM). The central electronic module (CEM) registers the change and updates its clock accordingly.<p><U> The customer can select the way in which the time is displayed:<p>-12 hour clock. The time is automatically displayed with AM or PM<br>-24 hours clock. </U> <p>Is this true or not?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yes. I haven't owned my S40 in a year now, but I believe if you turn the stalk sticking out of the gauge cluster you can toggle between clocks. I had mine on 24 hour.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Re: Can the clock really be adjusted by us from 12hr to 24hr time? (locutist)

Yes it is however has to be set by the dealer using VIDA in Diagnostics and Vehicle Communications. Simply just changing the DIM settings. Usually if you request the change when your having your car serviced or inspected at the dealer they will be nice and do it for no charge, at least ours does.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can the clock really be adjusted by us from 12hr to 24hr time? (ForceFed Motorsports)

Thanks forcefed. That's what I really wanted to know...if I could do it or did my dealer have to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts