SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m struggling to figure out a noise my car makes when it starts and when I first accelerate. It’s like a squeal from the left back of engine if you’re looking at it. A little smoke comes out at first start, kind of smells like exhaust fumes.

I have a video if someone could tell me how to post it .

·
Registered
191 Posts
A bit more info would help. What year is your S60? Which motor do you have? How many miles has it driven?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is 2012 s60 t5. 120,000. I just got the a/c compressor fixed and replaced the oil trap last night. The noise was happening before these two failed. When I start the car when it’s cold the noise happens and a little smoke comes out and it has a I THINK exhaust smell. It goes on for 20 seconds and stops. If I put it in gear right away it goes away immediately and if I put it back into park it won’t come back. It squeels LOUD when I accelerate till about 40 then after that it will never do it again until it cools down.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Cold and/or old accessory belt (i.e., stiff and hard, especially when cold, so slipping and squealing a bit at slow speeds after start-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts