SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can't tell what could be leaking here. This is on my friend's 2006 with an auto trans. The leak is where all the black stuff is, right next to the lower transmission mount.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

Can't tell what could be leaking here. This is on my friend's 2006 with an auto trans. The leak is where all the black stuff is, right next to the lower transmission mount.
How long has he owned it? was the PVC system ever replaced?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The gasket/seal for the transmission valve-body(under that black cover) can leak and cause the moist condition you see there. Just keep the fluid full or you'll have to drop the sub-frame and drain the ATF to re-seal it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That fluid looks red. IF it's red, then it's trans fluid. Probably could use a re-seal on the part that's leaking, no reason to do the whole trans.. Unless you've got high miles.

That black cover is covering all the intricate electronic components that operate the trans, you should be able to pull it off without removing the trans...

Just drain the fluid, remove the black cover, ... re-seal it (use a gasket, AND ultra-black sealant) and tighten back up to spec, should be good...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The gasket/seal for the transmission valve-body(under that black cover) can leak and cause the moist condition you see there. Just keep the fluid full or you'll have to drop the sub-frame and drain the ATF to re-seal it.
^ What did I miss Brutal? :p

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The red you are seeing in the picture is the sealant used in the seams of the transmission. When I put my finger on it, a black residue came off. I think it's too dirty to tell what color is coming out at this point. The leak seems recent, but not new if that makes sense..

Now if only checking the transmission fluid wasn't so damn annoying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts