SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am uber-confused about which roof racks to order to carry two bicycles. I was planning on ordering from Tasca Parts as they have reasonable shipping. I'm just very confused as to what I need and the Volvo Accessories website doesnt make it clear.

I'd like the optional locks so that I can leave the car with the bicyles on the roof for short periods, I'd like low profile bars, and would prefer the non-fork mounted kind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Volvo fork mounted trays I got lock to the load bars and have a second lock (same key) that you lock once the lever is closed onto the forks (can't steal the trays and can't take the bike from the trays - easily). FYI, there are multiple trays for bikes from Volvo. Surprisingly the Volvo ones cost much less than the Thule equal. One tray that Volvo sells is like the Thule echelon, and the one I got that I love (that seems like a 150.00 to 250.00 European (mostly) model called as Thule outride 561. Got them from Volvo with a coupon for about 78.00 each.

I know you said you did not want fork mounts but I find them to be much more stable.

Here is what the ones I got look like:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts