SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work so do not have the exact codes but one of them was to change the O2 sensor which I did and the other one was to check for leaks. Upon clearing the codes the car is smooth as butter but the code comes back and the car starts hesitating. If there was a real mechanical issue then why would the car run smooth at all?
Is there a master software reset on the car? Also I got a code telling me there could be another Key Fob in the car but I have looked everywhere possible and couldn't find it. Help!

·
Registered
621 Posts
At work so do not have the exact codes but one of them was to change the O2 sensor which I did and the other one was to check for leaks. Upon clearing the codes the car is smooth as butter but the code comes back and the car starts hesitating. If there was a real mechanical issue then why would the car run smooth at all?
Is there a master software reset on the car? Also I got a code telling me there could be another Key Fob in the car but I have looked everywhere possible and couldn't find it. Help!
Yes VIDA can issue a total software reset

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes VIDA can issue a total software reset

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes but somehow the code comes back after 2 days and the car runs rough. Clearing up the codes again makes the car run like new. If the issue is mechanical then clearing up the codes should still make the car run rough? I just don't get this car I gues. :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't a software problem. Clearing codes is not fixing them.
OK I understand that but why does the car run like it should when the codes are cleared? If the issue is non software related and is mechanical then clearing up the codes should not repair the car mechanically. I think the software is preventing something to restrict air flow.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Well you still haven't posted the codes, but it sounds like there was at least one code pertaining to an oxygen sensor. A code for an oxygen sensor does not mean the sensor needs to be replaced. It means the reading from the sensor is not what the ECM is expecting. Yes, this could be a bad sensor. But it could be something that causes a change in the reading, like an air leak. The ECM can adjust fuel to compensate for some changes, but after it has tried to a certain extent, it sets a warning light. Resetting the light is just resetting that adjustment. So it will run and try to adjust until it sets the light because the root cause has not been fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts