SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a guy who's parting out a 2004 S60R Manual and I can get all the goodies to do a trans swap and put into my S60T5 FWD, Anyone try his yet and were there any seals needed or to use different axle for passenger side? I'm curious about doing this. More so to make a car my wife can't drive, lol. I do understand the electronics problems with TCM and deleting it needed but is hardware wise not too bad if I get all the bits?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Dang, an AWD M66 is what I'm looking for. The trick that people run into is plugging the AWD collar seal hole and sealing the passenger side axle. People who want to just drop a ruined angle gear have this problem. You could leave the angle gear attached, or you can swap you car to AWD and beg the dealership to reconfigure the car to use it. There is a car in the junk yard out here (Utah) with an M56 FWD transmission in it. I'm tempted to pull and modify for AWD use. I'm about to start a thread about the strength of M56.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Yes you can. Get the angle gear and no modifications are required.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The hole on side of trans for seal is the same size AWD or FWD. FWD has the smaller ID hole for shaft to pass through instead of larger one for collar to pass through on AWD. The problem is the RH axle is usually smaller on AWD than on the rh axle for FWD. IT might be OK.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Good to know. I would love to manual swap my S60 T5 and have a source that has already pulled the M66.

Titan Joe _ PM me if you really want a M66. I have a friend who is trying to sell one with 114K on it. I told him to also pull the cables, shifter and pedal assembly. Anything else you might need? Let me know. The guy is ready to sell. I just don't think I am going to be able to do a swap anytime soon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Soooo you can use a awd m66 trans for a 2006 s60 t5 fwd m66? I can find one of them wayyyy easier then the fwd one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts