SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know if I can add the traction control to my 850 turbo wagon. How about heated seats? can i buy the switches and heater and install them myself? Also my 850 turbo has the black handles instead of color matched. Can they be painted to look good or can i track down some color matched in white?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: can it be done? (jrs850tw)

Tracs, NO

Heated seats, YES. Better off with an aftermarket kit but it's STILL over $500 installed, not sure if they just sell the kit alone

No 850s have color matched handles only S70s.
It would be a PIA to do. You would have to remove them, sand them all the way down smooth before paint, not so easy with all the small curves, knooks and crannies. You might want to measure an S70s door handles, they actually may fit with a bit of work, those can be bought painted
It may look OK, it may not. I've never seen an 850 that had that done

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: can it be done? (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

You might want to measure an S70s door handles, they actually may fit with a bit of work, those can be bought painted
It may look OK, it may not. I've never seen an 850 that had that done

Really!!! I see it everyday...ALL YELLOW 850 T5-R (hey Jeff...now you see why I want to get the black trim back on the car so bad!!!)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: can it be done? (JRL)

I thought you could add tracs; however, it was not as simple as putting a switch in. I think the ABS module needs to be swapped out and possibly more. I think the 850s were prewired for it, my 94 855 seems to be.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Different ABS modules for just ABS vs. ABS+TRACS. Maybe Victor is the one to ask about adding this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

Doug is correct, it can be done. Tracs can be added. Just how much do you want to spend?

At any rate there is a guy in Los Vegas that will stuff a turbine into an 850, just costs bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts