SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I live in South Korea. I bought used V50 2.4i HEICO LHD last month.

It has 2.4i + 5s automatic. BUT, automatic transmission and engine be dying.
Furthermore, I have no experience automatic transmission driving. I hate automatic transmission.
(Past 25 years, all of my car has manual transmission)

I thinks some options for my special V50.
(In Korea, my Heico V50 is last one. all of Heico V50 wrecked.)

1) engine rebuild and M66 swap. (Unfortunately, all of volvo car in korea has automatic. I can't buy donor car in korea)

2) T5 + M66 donor car import (from US or EU, some of TAX problem, import front half car)

Can you give me some information for P1 platform manual swap or T5 manual swap?
In google searching, I'm not find enough information.

Sincerely yours.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have not heard of this being done, but anything is possible with dedication. The main problem is the computers and wiring - you'd need the whole front end including harness and modules:

the engine computer (ECM)
the ABS module (BCM)
the interior fusebox (CEM)
the ignition switch (SCU)
the stereo equipment (AUD)
the gauge cluster (DIM)

and maybe more. Please read through the documents here:
http://theeshadow.com/files/S40MY2005/
Hopefully you will find them useful.

You will also probably need VIDA and DICE (I think they are made in China, should be easy to get).

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Couple of other issues might cause you trouble:

1) The final drive ratio is different in the automatic. The engine controller may get confused by the vehicle speed/rpm.
2) The TCM (Transmission Control Module) isn't present in the manual, but the car's other modules are programmed for it. They'll be affected if it's missing.

Are you thinking to do this conversion yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not heard of this being done, but anything is possible with dedication. The main problem is the computers and wiring - you'd need the whole front end including harness and modules:

the engine computer (ECM)
the ABS module (BCM)
the interior fusebox (CEM)
the ignition switch (SCU)
the stereo equipment (AUD)
the gauge cluster (DIM)

and maybe more. Please read through the documents here:
http://theeshadow.com/files/S40MY2005/
Hopefully you will find them useful.

You will also probably need VIDA and DICE (I think they are made in China, should be easy to get).
Thanks for your information.

I already buy VIDA in China.
I think, buy a donor car with T5 M66 (S40,V50,B5254T3,FWD,6S) and change all of wiring,modules are easily......T_T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couple of other issues might cause you trouble:

1) The final drive ratio is different in the automatic. The engine controller may get confused by the vehicle speed/rpm.
2) The TCM (Transmission Control Module) isn't present in the manual, but the car's other modules are programmed for it. They'll be affected if it's missing.

Are you thinking to do this conversion yourself?
YES. I'll do myself.

Can I use Vida for removing auto ECM and install manual ECM & reprogam VIN/IMO ?
I don't want AWD, only FWD..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.