SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The exhaust on my wife's exhaust gave up the ghost yesterday after 162K. I have my almost new R exhaust sitting in my basement and I was hoping I could use it with little or no modification. Both cars are 04s. Has anyone done this? Any issues I should be aware of? TIA.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yes

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Can I use the DP from my R as well? Might as well use them both if I can. They have been collecting dust since they were changed out for IPD stuff in '05.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Probably yes to the DP as well

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
thats a yes to both.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The exhaust on my wife's exhaust gave up the ghost yesterday after 162K. I have my almost new R exhaust sitting in my basement and I was hoping I could use it with little or no modification. Both cars are 04s. Has anyone done this? Any issues I should be aware of? TIA.
If your R is a SR, you'll need to add 3" to the exhaust.

·
Registered
862 Posts
DP is identical... Only issue on the exhaust is you will have to create a cut out on the rear bumper for the R exhaust which sticks out as compared to the XC's which tucks under it.

I used an exhaust from an S60R with no length issues either so not sure about the 3 inches?

I have now put on the EST S60R touring exhaust and it's bolt on as well, no length issues...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info! Appreciate it.
So now she just needs the header, downpipe, larger turbo and a tune...

·
Registered
120 Posts
DP is identical... Only issue on the exhaust is you will have to create a cut out on the rear bumper for the R exhaust which sticks out as compared to the XC's which tucks under it.

I used an exhaust from an S60R with no length issues either so not sure about the 3 inches?

I have now put on the EST S60R touring exhaust and it's bolt on as well, no length issues...

The V70 is about 3" longer than the S60.... (the rear doors are different)... Surprised the s60 exhaust works on the x/c. I'd read it did not on the v70.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The SR exhaust is indeed shorter than the VR or XC70.
That's why TME or Ferrita has adjustable lengths exhaust tips.

I had the SR exhaust on my XC70, and if you sustain WOT over long duration, the hot exhaust gas will melt the styrofoam in the bumper;
as well the exhaust will get recirculate back inside the cabin through the vent behind the left rear wheel, since the tips are tugged under the bumper.
As others have said, get an extension on the tip to avoid this.

Other than that the R DP and CB will be a good upgrade to the XC. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
My XC is an 05 but I can't imagine that makes a difference.

I had to cut out the bumper so the exhaust would fit as it stuck out compared to the stock XC exhaust. Never smelled anything inside the cabin either.

I believe the V70 is "longer" because of its bumper. I can provide pics of how the S60R exhaust fit and looked on my XC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the exhaust and DP from my '04 VR installed yesterday on my wife's '04 XC without a problem. As mentioned, the bumper did need to be trimmed to allow the tips to fit. It looks very good. Pushed it a little yesterday to try to get the exhuast "pop" but I guess I will need to swap my engine etc to make that happen. I don't see a unicorn in my future.

Thank you again for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I had the exhaust and DP from my '04 VR installed yesterday on my wife's '04 XC without a problem. As mentioned, the bumper did need to be trimmed to allow the tips to fit. It looks very good. Pushed it a little yesterday to try to get the exhuast "pop" but I guess I will need to swap my engine etc to make that happen. I don't see a unicorn in my future.

Thank you again for your assistance.
Please post a pic - I would think it should 'tuck up' better than the stock exhaust.

Never mind the bigger turbo and a tune, just run a small auxiliary fuel line and a spark plug out to the tail pipe with a 'secret' dashboard switch. THAT should give it a little boost and discourage tailgaters!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts