SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

No good deed goes unpunished I guess. I passed HU from my part car to friend and volunteered to install it. While doing that I was lazy (read stupid) enough not to disconnect the battery and disconnected AC module. Well it caused SRS light and working on display ..
Would I be able to read and erase this code with MTE softloader/diagnostic tool? The one that comes with IPD/MTE tool..

thx

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No you need a VIDA DICE or your dealer

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Actually the answer to this is YES ABSOLUTELY. I did the same dumb thing of powering on the car with the HU removed. When I got my MTE softloader from IPD I did not expect it to be able to. Loading the tune cleared my airbag code! Thank God for that! IPD even claims that the device can do so without changing tunes but I don't know how to do so.

I do not know if reverting to stock tune will bring it back but I suppose it will not.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Then I stand corrected
However, I'm not sure why and how you can!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crap.. I ordered VIDA already without trying MTE softloader...well... now I gonna try it... at least I was thinking I want to buy dice vida anyway..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i have a easier solution, paypal me $307.

I send you my BSR PPC Diagnostic hand held scan tool.

You reset your light, Send me back my BSR tool

I refund you $300 :D

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i have a easier solution, paypal me $307.

I send you my BSR PPC Diagnostic hand held scan tool.

You reset your light, Send me back my BSR tool

I refund you $300 :D
$307? You can just hit refund and all his money will be returned to him, they don't take the percentage away for a refund

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
$307? You can just hit refund and all his money will be returned to him, they don't take the percentage away for a refund
I think he is referring to the $7 it will cost to ship. I don't blame him for offering a partial refund.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update.

I tried my softloader without luck. It looked like diagnostic was running , but code wasn't displayed on laptop, in fact nothing showed up after test was completed , just empty screen. Clicking "Erase errors" did nothing as well.

So I'm back to square one, waiting for a DICE.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Then I stand corrected
However, I'm not sure why and how you can!
re-writing tunes (open ecu) does the same thing on my sti swap, it'll clear any code when a new tune is placed on. probably re-writes that particular area of memory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts