SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. About to pull the trigger on a T6 R design which has all the options I want, except it has climate with the heated windshield.

If I absolutely hate it, is it possible to have it replaced by Volvo with a non-heated windshield?

I've read here on swedespeed that it grows on most people and I will give it a shot, but I would like to know my options.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your other option is to order the heads-up display, which omits the heated windshield. Ours is set up that way -- climate packet plus heads-up. Works well, and the heads-up is much better than I had feared.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks adrien. We don't have the option of waiting for a custom order. This one with the heated windshield arrives at the dealer this week.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ah. I would ask the dealer, and get it in writing. I would think you could if you wanted to; can't imagine it's a different shape or anything like that. Might need some programming so the system doesn't send a message to heat a windshield.

I didn't research it much; some heated windshields block signals and can be a pain with radar detectors and toll transponders; not sure whether this is the case with the XC90's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer says they don't know. The service manager told my sales guy that it's a little more complicated than swapping out the glass since the onboard computer connects to the heated glass. They are researching this for a customer that absolutely hates his heated glass. Apparently they need to get Sweden involved. :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with the service manager directly today and he said it IS possible and they are working on a software fix that will delete the code which looks for and establishes communication with the heated windshield's circuitry. At least it's possible. My car arrived last night and I took a good look at it today. I'll probably keep it the way it is. At least I know I have the option.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They had found a car that was very close to our current one that was potentially going to be used as a swap (until they cancelled the offer), except that it had the climate package.

My previous Land Rover LR4 had the heated windshield, and although I 'got used to it', it was still somewhat annoying and I wish that I did not have it. I do not live in a place where it is needed.

That being said, VCNA did tell me that the heated windshield can be swapped out. However, I would think that this would be detrimental to the car's resale value. By how much, who knows? But it can't help it.... Unless you sold it private party and the person was of the same mind you were and did not want it either, then it may not matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts