SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has installed aftermarket fogs on their 850 wagons...I have a new set of rather large Hella 550 (rectangular) that I love to use for winter and fog...not sure where in the heck I can mount them though...anyone done this, if so, do you have pics? thanks in advance for the help http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. (Ski Brick)

got some piaa ...round and small...able to fit in the hole...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. (steve s)

I am stuck...not sure if anyone has drilled through the bumper to mount some bigger ones. I like the Hella 550's which are large rectangular...but have no idea if they can be set firmly.

I prefer the yellow fogs with a much spread beam as possible for winter driving and deer. Hellas have been great in the past, but am willing to see what options I have.

Thanks for the post...how did you get the PIAAs to fit?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. (Ski Brick)

Were front fogs ever available as stock on these cars?

I would rather try and find some of those, especially if they fit into the lower front fascia, than put in aftermarket ones.

Failing that, recommendations for the best aftermarket options also gratefully recieved here.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. (MineMapper)

Matt,

Yes, on the 850 Turbo's with "Winter Package", they had front fog lights standard, but those cars actually had holes cut out in the front facia. I think you could also order them as a stand alone option. Standard cars do not have these holes. From what I have heard from owners, those stock foglights didn't work so well, so going aftermarket would be easier and the lights would be much more useful.

-Drew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. ([email protected])

I'm not sure why, but I do not have the fogs, and my 80 has the winter package... regardless, I would like to find a way to mount these suckers on there and wire them into the rear fog switch...guess I will just have to risk it and see what local installers might suggest.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. ([email protected])

Although many of the 850s did not come with fog lights, there is a cirlce imprinted on the back side of the bumper as a cutting guide to install factory fogs if you wish. '95 and on are prewired as well I believe. http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Can I install fogs on my Wagon? Ya, ya, newbies do this.. (swdracr)

thanks, remind me not to check your sig for pics again, whew lot of pop ups. No really, nice set of Volvos you have there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts