SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 2003 2.3 T5 and want to add AWD to it. Is this possible and what should be changed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My friend is currently converting to AWD.

He has a V70 2.3T '02 automatic transmission. He bought the entire AWD suspension, drivelines, fuel tank, and a rear sled from the S60R. I do not know what the case with the automatic transmission looks like. Now it has AW50.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N980F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
605 Posts
transmission, (angle gear won't bolt onto a fwd trans) angle gear, driveshaft, right front axle, rear subframe with differential and axles, maybe have to change the gas tank - you'll never get a haldex to work (2003+) - maybe use the 01-02 viscous coupling (that does not work as well as a haldex)

All in - more than the car is worth, perhaps source an xc and put a tune on it to equal the t5 power.

The above 02 will never get the s60r haldex to work either -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transmission, (angle gear won't bolt onto a fwd trans) angle gear, driveshaft, right front axle, rear subframe with differential and axles, maybe have to change the gas tank - you'll never get a haldex to work (2003+) - maybe use the 01-02 viscous coupling (that does not work as well as a haldex)

All in - more than the car is worth, perhaps source an xc and put a tune on it to equal the t5 power.

The above 02 will never get the s60r haldex to work either -
Why I can't make the Haldex work? What are the problems with it? I'm thinking about XC with 2.5 AWD

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
CEM configuration problems - MIGHT work with the correct modules and a CEM config change

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
605 Posts
Why I can't make the Haldex work? What are the problems with it? I'm thinking about XC with 2.5 AWD
Your car did not come with AWD - The CEM will not recognize a haldex unit, you probably don't have the wiring in your car for it and you will spend more than the car is worth and many months of your time trying to figure our how to add AWD to a it. Go for it if you want - but you have a $2000 car and could easily spend twice that in your venture. If you want an AWD car - buy one, unless >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your car did not come with AWD - The CEM will not recognize a haldex unit, you probably don't have the wiring in your car for it and you will spend more than the car is worth and many months of your time trying to figure our how to add AWD to a it. Go for it if you want - but you have a $2000 car and could easily spend twice that in your venture. If you want an AWD car - buy one, unless >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View attachment 118944
Thank you! I will do this way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I mean yea it's expensive but there's forums out there where people have converted there C70 to awd it can be done all it takes is time and money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts