SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I took delivery of my first Volvo last week, a 2012 S60 T5 with the Premium and Climate packages. I am very happy with the car and am glad I bought it. No issues at all in the first 500 miles.

I have been working my way through the manual, becoming familiar with the features and found a section last night on playing DVDs through the infotainment system and watching them on the center console display. The manual makes it sound like this is a standard feature and not an option. I put a store bought DVD in the slot and the display just said Reading disc... for about five minutes, after which I ejected the DVD. Should I be able to play DVDs through the system? Music CDs work fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,481 Posts
Congrats on the new T5. It's a great car.

You should be able to watch DVDs with the car in Park with the base audio system. I tried it out on mine a few months ago and it works great. You may have just gotten a bad disc. I would try a few more.

·
Registered
687 Posts
same here in mine too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is interesting. I have tried 4 different store bought DVDs, all of which play just fine in my home DVD player and on my PC. None of them work in my car. I am pressing the Media button, then selecting Disc and inserting the DVD in the slot. The car was built in May 2012. I guess I will ask at the dealer next time I'm in there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
This is interesting. I have tried 4 different store bought DVDs, all of which play just fine in my home DVD player and on my PC. None of them work in my car. I am pressing the Media button, then selecting Disc and inserting the DVD in the slot. The car was built in May 2012. I guess I will ask at the dealer next time I'm in there.
THere was a short production period when they were not able to supply that feature. If I remember correctly, it was a result of the earthquake in Japan (supplier issue).

·
Registered
4 Posts
THere was a short production period when they were not able to supply that feature. If I remember correctly, it was a result of the earthquake in Japan (supplier issue).
There’s another thread on the DVD here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?168315-DVD-movie-player-in-2012-S60&p=2012560

Mine doesn't play DVDs either and I am in discussions with the dealer. Their answer so far is that the car is not equipped to play DVDs but just CDs.

I totally agree that the manual presents it as a standard feature and not as an option. Most likely is meant to be standard but Japan may be the reason why some don't
Interesting enough is that when checking the specifications in Volvo's website it is presented as DVD player and not just as CD player.

Let me know how it worked with your dealer and if they did something. In the other thread mentioned above it's said that this could cost $1,000 plus to install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just tried Pulp Fiction, mine works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts