SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My schedule isn't permitting me to stop by a dealer, much less form a relationship (especially since I'm not one to visit dealers, I'm a DIYer).

Looking to get a service history on YV1CZ911251185422.

I own this car.

Any help most sincerely appreciated.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was in the same boat as you before and I just decided to call the service dept. at a dealer near me and provided the vin.The guy not only told me the history but also emailed it to me.And here's the kicker! The car was originally sold in Texas and traded to the dealer I called in Princeton,NJ.
Try it.I don't think any tech on here wants to take his time out for ya.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much luck. Service guy said the car had been on once for a recall, he didn't know which one (but I do, it's recall 49325, for P/N 30677036-3, apparently a TCM software update. That's in my paperwork). Said he only had visibility to what that particular dealership had done to the car, and that was it.

Was hoping that there was visibility into the complete service history regardless of dealer.

I did find that the original purchaser was in Florida - I have that dealer's info. Left a message with them...not hopeful.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not much luck. Service guy said the car had been on once for a recall, he didn't know which one (but I do, it's recall 49325, for P/N 30677036-3, apparently a TCM software update. That's in my paperwork). Said he only had visibility to what that particular dealership had done to the car, and that was it.

Was hoping that there was visibility into the complete service history regardless of dealer.

I did find that the original purchaser was in Florida - I have that dealer's info. Left a message with them...not hopeful.
I asked the same question in 2014 when looking at a possible car purchase... and got the same answer re only being able to access records at individual dealerships for regular service. It is different for recalls and might be different for warranty work but not, apparently, for regular service. I too had assumed that the Volvo dealer network would be connectioned in this day and age. Not so.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not a sure bet, but the Carfax report on my XC60 showed all maintenance and other work on the XC60 I bought.

·
Registered
401 Posts
When I purchased a 2013 Volvo xc70 last year from an individual I got a Carfax print out on the vehicle that showed the entire history since first sold. What a Carfax will not show is any service performed by an independent shop that does not enter service information into the database.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts