SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the weirdest on board warning. It says,"Position Light Bulb Failure". What does that mean? One more question. The exterior rear lights in the tail light cluster closest to the trunk lid. What actuates those lights? Maybe my original question is related to my second because I can't get those lamps to turn on.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
position light bulb is in your rear lights(2 bulbs per tailight), you have on the tail your "fogs" which are activate by a switch, and then reverse, stop and position lights.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sounds like you have a bulb in the back that needs to be replaced. (The two in the middle)

As to the rear FOG light their is only one (stock - from the factory) on the Drivers side -
On the passenger side there will be a plastic plug or maybe even a fake molded bulb in the reflector - depends on the year/ tail light style.
Like the above post stated it is activated via switch on your dash next to your front fog light switch.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2005/2005_s60/05s60_11b.htm#pg149

Location of bulbs
<table><tbody><tr><td>1. Brake light </td></tr> <tr><td>2. Parking light (left side) </td></tr> <tr><td>3. Fog light (one side) </td></tr> <tr><td>4. Side marker lamp </td></tr> <tr><td>5. Turn signal </td></tr> <tr><td>6. Back up light </td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

1. Headlight/parking light switch
2. Front fog lights
3. Rear fog light
4. Instrument panel lighting
5. Fuel filler door unlock button

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might also try some bulb grease when you replace the bulb. My tail lights would intermittently go out and come back on. The grease helps, and it's only a couple of bucks at the auto parts store.

And thanks to DMac0013 for the illustrations. These cars have an amazing variety of bulb sizes/types in them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You might also try some bulb grease when you replace the bulb. My tail lights would intermittently go out and come back on. The grease helps, and it's only a couple of bucks at the auto parts store.

And thanks to DMac0013 for the illustrations. These cars have an amazing variety of bulb sizes/types in them.
The grease is a good idea - It's called "Dielectric grease" - Not a bad idea for most electrical connection points where corrosion or the elements maybe concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts