SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone who really understands these motors and their weaknesses. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
841 Posts
What kind of building? Performance or? Also how far are you willing to travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of building? Performance or? Also how far are you willing to travel?

Nothing insane. Want a bottom end that can easily take an IPD 4T4 turbo set-up. Looking for someone who has installed shims in these blocks with the usual decking and balancing.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nothing insane. Want a bottom end that can easily take an IPD 4T4 turbo set-up. Looking for someone who has installed shims in these blocks with the usual decking and balancing.
Sorry mate. I have guy in Hamilton who could probably help you out, Indy Volvo only. But it's too far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi

I just happen to also be from Hamilton.

Does this ‘guy’ do tune ups?

Alex

Sorry mate. I have guy in Hamilton who could probably help you out, Indy Volvo only. But it's too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
He does it all. He’s in the lower bowl. It’s Jonathan’s Swedish car repair.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What do you now about V-Garage in North York?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Never heard. I know a V guy in Orangeville. Former master Volvo dealer mechanic. Great guy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi I took my car to Jonathan’s and he was very knowledgeable. My car is all tuned up and ready to go.

A word of advice for anyone taking their car to Jonathan’s do not park your vehicle on the street but park it at the adjacent variety store.

When my wife dropped the Volvo off at Jonathan’s he did not have any space in his small parking lot for the car so he suggested leaving it on either the road or the adjacent variety store.

My wife picked the road and by the time he picked it up to take it into his shop the drivers mirror was sideswiped off.

An additional $800 expense I didn’t need.

Either then that he’s a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts