SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought 2016 XC90 and I connected it to wifi but it says no updates available nor any apps available for download.
Is that norm for US?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had the major "Nov 23rd" comprehensive Sensus Connect upgrade. CarPlay is now showing. Have Android phone so not sure if it works. But nothing else new and, like you, nothing to download. Talked to U.S. Customer Service and they say that Pandora and 3 other apps should also have been loaded. I care most about Pandora. Does anybody have Pandora? If you do, did it come installed in your new car (date of purchase?) or did it come with the upgrade, or did you somehow find a way to download it?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep, after Nov. 23 update, you should see Pandora, Yelp, Carplay, some Parking app that helps you find parking.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There have been times when the apps just seem to disappear. Try turning the car off completely and turn it back on with engine on and go back to the apps. Refresh if you need to and see if they show up. I had this happen to me pre Nov. 23 update where I would see them, then they would disappear and come back again. If that still doesn't work, then they did not apply the full software update. There is supposed to be one whole software package but it may not have installed properly. I know that the carplay is a separate update.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
There have been times when the apps just seem to disappear. Try turning the car off completely and turn it back on with engine on and go back to the apps. Refresh if you need to and see if they show up. I had this happen to me pre Nov. 23 update where I would see them, then they would disappear and come back again. If that still doesn't work, then they did not apply the full software update. There is supposed to be one whole software package but it may not have installed properly. I know that the carplay is a separate update.
The car I am driving has had the software update but no apps. I have to look into this, further.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had the update yesterday. Same thing. Turned out the car's modem was turned off. Honestly not sure if it always was or just due to the update. As soon as I checked the box for the modem in the Sensus settings, I started to see all of the available downloads in the Explore area of the apps section. So you may want to verify the modem is enabled.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had the update yesterday. Same thing. Turned out the car's modem was turned off. Honestly not sure if it always was or just due to the update. As soon as I checked the box for the modem in the Sensus settings, I started to see all of the available downloads in the Explore area of the apps section. So you may want to verify the modem is enabled.
Thanks. It is enabled and stayed enabled thru the update.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You all have internet set to use the car modem, correct? Not tethered to phone, etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Not seeing the apps either. Update performed last week in Brooklyn.
Sorry, but have been wondering, did you goto the one in Bay Ridge? If so, how did you find them? Do they have loaner cars? Thanks.

As for seeing the apps, make sure you have the car connecting to data through either the SIM card in the vehicle or connecting to a hotspot through wifi or bluetooth on your phone. Then look for them and see if they appear. If your car is not getting data from the SIM card in the vehicle maybe you had happen what happened to me and citivas after our update in November. That is, we can't use data anymore. They are still attemptiung to figure it out....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do not have the modem enabled yet but I did connect the car to the WiFi in my house while sitting in the garage. It took a while to see some apps but after about 10 min there were about 7 apps that showed up. weather, yelp, Pandora, another radio program (can't remember), parking program, volvo ID app, and 1 or 2 other apps. I just took delivery a few days ago and I'm unsure if I have the November update. I did not see carplay as one of the available apps.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I do not have the modem enabled yet but I did connect the car to the WiFi in my house while sitting in the garage. It took a while to see some apps but after about 10 min there were about 7 apps that showed up. weather, yelp, Pandora, another radio program (can't remember), parking program, volvo ID app, and 1 or 2 other apps. I just took delivery a few days ago and I'm unsure if I have the November update. I did not see carplay as one of the available apps.
If Yelp and parking showed up you have the November update. Try disconnecting from the wifi in your house. Switch it so it uses the modem in the car. Mine, after the update, will connect to wifi in a home or a personal hotspot but it will not use the SIM card for data in the trunk. Maybe this has happened to yours so may be worth testing to let the dealership know if it happened. User Citivas had something similar after the update. He can't connect to data at all though, not even by wifi in his home or s spot created by a phone and the SIM card data is dead same as mine. Volvo has as of now no fix for both of us.

It is also affecting my VOC in that it doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Same here. All the apps showed up once I enabled the modem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts