SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new behavior today in my ‘18 XC60 T8 and I searched around and didn’t see it mentioned so...

Getting ready to leave the grocery store for a longish drive so I start the car, put it in power mode, shift into drive and... nothing. The engine just revs. I do this a few more times and I realize that as soon as I put it in drive it drops back into park. Flipped the parking brake on and off, no change. Flipped into Pure mode, no change. Stopped and restarted the car and everything works fine. I really don’t want to get stuck somewhere... thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I have a new behavior today in my ‘18 XC60 T8 and I searched around and didn’t see it mentioned so...

Getting ready to leave the grocery store for a longish drive so I start the car, put it in power mode, shift into drive and... nothing. The engine just revs. I do this a few more times and I realize that as soon as I put it in drive it drops back into park. Flipped the parking brake on and off, no change. Flipped into Pure mode, no change. Stopped and restarted the car and everything works fine. I really don’t want to get stuck somewhere... thoughts?

Saw another post here, maybe in XC90 forum. Is the parking spot flat? Pressed brake firmly? Is auto-hold-brake on?
Did you feel the car tries to move at all at the moment put in D or R?
Is driver's seat belt buckled reliably?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’ve had the same thing happen on rare occasions in my 2016 XC90 T8 but more often in my 2018 XC60 T8 (perhaps once every other month). Mostly on flat parking surfaces.
A restart of the car always gets it back to normal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw another post here, maybe in XC90 forum. Is the parking spot flat? Pressed brake firmly? Is auto-hold-brake on?
Did you feel the car tries to move at all at the moment put in D or R?
Is driver's seat belt buckled reliably?
Flat parking space. Brake pressd (tried multiple times). Auto-hold off. Once the car started to move and then slammed itself into Park, like hitting the accelerator while you’ve got the brake jammed down. Seat belt buckled properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts