SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've had my XC90 about a month and I've had camera issues from day 1. The camera occasionally does not work when you are in reverse. The only thing that helps is restarting the car several times. You are not even able to manually select the camera from the menu when this happens.

It's happened when it was 70 degrees Fahrenheit and it's happened at 90 degrees so it's not a heat issue.
The car had a software update at the dealership on 9/4 to see if that could fix the issue but it's still happening.

Any suggestions?

The picture is when the vehicle is in reverse - the spot where the backup camera display should show up is blank.

[/URL] upload photo[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would say that 100% is an issue the dealer service department needs to address. Perhaps a loose connector, if you're lucky -- as that would be a relatively easy fix.

The rear camera on mine is sometimes slow to engage but it does so eventually all the time, which is more of a software issue (and has been reported by others). But it happens to you inconsistently and survives resets and you have the latest software...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had the same problem with the driver door camera since evening one. Had to be replaced by the dealer and has worked well for the last two weeks. Only have 1800 miles though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts