SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put lowering springs on my R and the camber is way negative. I know thats how they are made and that ipd has the adjustable bushings and that lowering the car makes it even worse.. so with everyone knowing this why isn't there an adjustable camber kit for the front and rear of our cars? or if there is why can't i find it?

·
2,521 Posts
For the rears yea IPD sells bushings. Kind of a pain to install. If you only drive 4-6K a year just rotate the rears often and you'll be just fine. I'm not sure how the EST camber bolts work, maybe Humza has some words on them

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
If they're only a little bit negative in the rear, just get adjustable toe bars and set the rear toe to 0. You won't have that bad of tire wear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think it was around -3 degree camber with the ipd lowering springs, i got a screw in my new tire and went in to get it fixed. They said that the camber is horrible and the tires probably aren't gonna last past 15-20k miles i think they are at 3,700 miles now. Im kind of daily driving it now ~70 miles a day so i know that they'll rack up the miles quick. ill try to post a pic.

Thanks for the info and links

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My camber is horrid. After I lowered the car, I got the rear to 1.9 on the rear right and 2.7 on rear left. Kill me.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
If you zero out your rear toe, you shouldn't have any excessive wear.

I'm at -2.22 and -2.4 with 0 toe and haven't had any uneven wear.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wait... I thought 15-20K was normal tire life on our cars.

You can use the current set of tires to test out the current alignment. Then you can test the IPD camber bushings on the next set. After that you can use toe rods to get to zero toe to the next set. I'm on set 3... so far so good.

i think it was around -3 degree camber with the ipd lowering springs, i got a screw in my new tire and went in to get it fixed. They said that the camber is horrible and the tires probably aren't gonna last past 15-20k miles i think they are at 3,700 miles now. Im kind of daily driving it now ~70 miles a day so i know that they'll rack up the miles quick. ill try to post a pic.

Thanks for the info and links

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Camber won't wear your tires that excessively compared to toe. Get your toe set properly and just drive it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Camber won't wear your tires that excessively compared to toe. Get your toe set properly and just drive it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's true to a point. The problem is that toe varies widely on these cars with load.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts