SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in the shop for multiple things, but in the meantime it's having the Elevate springs put in. The tech called me and said all was well but they noticed one of the rear camber adjustment arm nut/bolt was nearly at the end of the thread and about to fall off. The only people who have touched these were the guys who installed them, which is a pretty trusted alignment shop. Is it possible this loosened up while driving? :confused: Sounds horribly dangerous if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Isn't the rear 3 or 4 link? I'm not really sure how bad it'd be if the arm came off... Maybe the wheel would just have a bunch of camber- which yeah could be dangerous. But I'd think maybe the trailing arm and lca would at least hold it all in place? I don't know that- either way, that sucks- it was probably the shop that forgot to put the nut baCk on.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
It's also possible that the installers didn't evenly extend using both ends of the thread. Meaning, they may have extended just one half of the adjuster to get the needed length which would have put it close to its end. Know what I mean? See figure 1 here: http://www.spcalignment.com/instructions/67420-INS_WEB.pdf

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I see what you mean. That seems more possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts