SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get at and tighten up one of my camber adjustment bolts on my 140. Access is clearly limited. I have tried a thin wall 5/8" socket with a 3/8" breaker bar. All I can get is about 10-15 deg of rotation. Is there a way to get at the bolt without the special Volvo tool which I expect is no longer available? Also is it best to get access with the suspension compressed or extended.

Following restoration, the front suspension was put together without any shims. Naturally, the front end has not had an alignment yet. Does anybody have a suggestion for typical shim thicknesses to use as a starting point for doing my alignment?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
It depends on the specs. On the 122, they originally intended the car to have positive camber and 0 caster, but that was for skinny bias ply tires. So to get negative camber and more caster you need to start with at least 3/8" of shims.

Not sure if that applies similarly to the 140 or not, but I'd buy a box of shims to be sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.