SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u guys ever go out the s. tampa bestbuy on sat nights for the car meet? Its everything from nissan to volvo....im thinken about goin this sat, and then heading out to the meet at gandy bridge!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gandy Bridge is where the Bollea kid ("Hulk" Hogan's kid,) killed his passenger in a Toyota Supra, racing across the bridge and it ended very badly. There used to be a ton of street racing right there on/off the bridge. It's been a couple of years since I've spent any time in the area, so just watch out. If these meets are still happening, something makes me doubt that all those kids are keeping it under the posted limit. You can also be pulled over for the stereo being too loud, just FYI. Keep an eye out for the fuzz.

I think there's also legal racing down at the Sarasota speedway on the weekends. I don't have any other info on that though. It's drag racing, and tons of people meet up like a car show and a bunch do the racing as well. At least there it's legal.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (justin21x)

Quote, originally posted by justin21x »
Gandy Bridge is where the Bollea kid ("Hulk" Hogan's kid,) killed his passenger in a Toyota Supra, racing across the bridge and it ended very badly. There used to be a ton of street racing right there on/off the bridge. It's been a couple of years since I've spent any time in the area, so just watch out. If these meets are still happening, something makes me doubt that all those kids are keeping it under the posted limit. You can also be pulled over for the stereo being too loud, just FYI. Keep an eye out for the fuzz.

I think there's also legal racing down at the Sarasota speedway on the weekends. I don't have any other info on that though. It's drag racing, and tons of people meet up like a car show and a bunch do the racing as well. At least there it's legal.

yea ive actully been there.....on the weekends at nights its free runs...i hit my 1/4 at 14.75 at 98. best of all time lol. and oh shiittt i never race over at gandy....im not fond of having to pay 1500 to get my car outa impound and whatever the bail is :/...i just watch

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: (justin21x)

Quote, originally posted by justin21x »
Gandy Bridge is where the Bollea kid ("Hulk" Hogan's kid,) killed his passenger in a Toyota Supra, racing across the bridge and it ended very badly.

The passenger that was accompanying Nick Hogan lived; the passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm actually in Tampa for work this week, but I don't think the Hertz Rav 4 will be making an appearance at any car meets while I'm here

(BTW this heat and humidity is BRUTAL compared to Colorado! Why couldn't this trip have been scheduled for January or February?!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (02s60t5)

Quote, originally posted by 02s60t5 »
I'm actually in Tampa for work this week, but I don't think the Hertz Rav 4 will be making an appearance at any car meets while I'm here

(BTW this heat and humidity is BRUTAL compared to Colorado! Why couldn't this trip have been scheduled for January or February?!)

hahaha funny...i love colorado!!..i go to keystone every yr. but hey the rav 4 could help...u could sport the "lifted off-road" market

1 - 8 of 8 Posts