SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what your rev limiter reads when it kicks in. In 1st mine is at 5000-5500rpm's. 2nd is at 6900rpm's 3rd is 5500-6000rpm's 4rd and 5th are the same as 3rd. I know the manuals go right up to 6500-7200 in all gears. I am trying to find out if this is the norm for the auto transmissions and the rev limiter kicking in premature.1000rpm's premature. Don't get me wrong the car is alot faster I just feel that I am missing at least 1000rpm;s in the gears that cut out at 5500-6000rpm's. Thanks in advance, Rick

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
the best way to know? email BSR they will reply in just a few hours with the exacto answer for you.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (volvos60t5x)

I have asked them three times to give me exact numbers on where the rev limiter should kick in. The only thing that they have said is that when the car reaches it's peak horespower and torque it will shift based on that. Mine is shifting at different times in all gears all of the time. The thing that I can not believe is that they have not givin me the HARD numbers that their programmers have set. Such as "the program is set to release into the next gear at 6800rpm's. If the program indeed does adapt based on the trq and hrspwr, it is far more complicated than I thought. Maybe that is the case. But when I reference the past couple of high performance cars I have tuned(e46 m3 with full DINAN upgrades, and a Mercedes tuned AMG) both of them were tiptronic transmission like my S60r and both of them had SPECIFIC shift points that were the same in every gear. The shift points even went up 500 rpm's. And never had a durability issue, or quirky shift poits that changed with every gear that passed.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: CALLING PEOPLE WITH AUTO TRANSMISSIONS and THE BSR PPC!!!!!!????????? (MASH)

Ok, I know it seems really really important and urgent and exclamationy and all, but can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP USING ALL CAPS IN YOUR SUBJECT LINES???? Thanks.

I'd just contact BSR using their contact form. They've always answered back very promptly, if tersely, with me.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: CALLING PEOPLE WITH AUTO TRANSMISSIONS and THE BSR PPC!!!!!!????????? (MASH)

THANKS!!

For the record, it makes no sense to me that you'd have an RPM reduction. None.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: CALLING PEOPLE WITH AUTO TRANSMISSIONS and THE BSR PPC!!!!!!????????? (partridge)

I know. I have told them this. They have not responded to any of my emails since 11am this morning. I am dealing with Simon. He has not done a very good job on getting back to me. If Clive was still there I would have had this nipped in the butt by this afternoon. I hope he recovers fully. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
I know. I have told them this. They have not responded to any of my emails since 11am this morning. I am dealing with Simon. He has not done a very good job on getting back to me. If Clive was still there I would have had this nipped in the butt by this afternoon. I hope he recovers fully. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Contact BSR directly. http://www.bsrab.se/support/

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: CALLING PEOPLE WITH AUTO TRANSMISSIONS and THE BSR PPC!!!!!!????????? (partridge)

I have been in contact with BSR. It is as if BSR and partsforvolvosonline.com have been comunicating with one another. They are both saying the same thing and have yet to send me the specs on the exact rpm's that the program shoul be using. Hopefully in the am tomorrow they will send me the info I have requested.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

Have you tried to load the stock program back in.
Give it a try and drive the car a bit, then reload the BSR program and see if it responds the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.