SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm repainting my brakes. I have a simple question: would a super clear-coated caliper paint be too hard to keep clean in white? I want white brakes but don't want to clean them everyday. Thoughts?

·
Registered
753 Posts
White would be uber hot. <br>But I can see them turning yellow after a very short time from the grime sticking to them. Go with a dark color, like Blue red or my preference black

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (zerocover)

I currently have red, it just doesn't jive with my style. Black is my other option but I've seen white calipers before and think they would look great with a black vinyl "R" or "VOLVO" on my black car. Hmm...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Re: (Revolve40)

I don't think so as long as you use a good paint and clear coat like this. Same as IPD sell's only they have more color options and its cheaper. <p><A HREF="http://www.wheelskin.com/g2_brake_caliper_paint.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.wheelskin.com/g2_br....html</A>

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (slrising)

Yeah I was thinking G2 all the way. I already have the kit in black but hope to buy the white.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
White would look pretty cool. I did mines in yellow if you remember a thread awhile back. Just make sure you load lots of Clear coat on top to keep the paint top notch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just did the duplicolor red (can paint, not spray) its a nice match to passion red.<p>Does the clear coat hold up to those temperatures?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
O yeah! I did about 4-5 coats of duplicolour high temperature engine clear coat spray. It makes them shine like no other and so far minimal brake stains on the calipers. I can't clean my calipers that well because I can't get through my rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts