SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just an FYI if you are interested...

* Jaguar XJ6 canister- gutted, and make 86mm hole on lid of the canister.
* Apexi Power Air Intake Replacement Filter 85mm 160mm ID 500-A021 (eBay) – shave the plastic lip of160mm outer diameter to 157mm which is the dimension of the box on the inside and inner diameter of the filter to 86mm which is the outer dimension of Air mass housing.
* remove original air box and all brackets associated with the air box and reposition everything that is in the way…you will have to shorten brake power booster hoses as well.
* also move air mass plug lower down the harness towards the intake manifold so it will reach further towards new air box.
* T6 air mass housing and chop it so you can use it as a junction, T6 3 black large clamps up to 95mm.
* 3.00" 90 degree Silicone silicon Elbow hose coupler BLK and chop it to size
* 3.25" Silicone silicon 45 degree bend elbow Black 3 ¼ and chop it to size
* 3” diamond cutter and drill into the threaded hole that is already there that was use to hold a bracket in place
* 3” 90 degree stainless steel pipe chopped and cut into shorter 90 angle so it will fit to hole that had to be cut out in the chassis and weld into place …
* 3" hole in front chassis
* seal the chassis on the inside ...i used a marine deck sealer.
* custom made ram scooper to force air in as you drive.

here is a video VVVV

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Clean install. What is the degree difference of doing it this way Vs just installing an R-Kelly onto the stock air box?

·
6,436 Posts
Actually that's a great cold air intake ... Good job... Reminds me of a venom kit which used to be popular on cars

The only thing you should worry about driving through heavy rain and puddles coz it will be easier for you to suck in water

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually that's a great cold air intake ... Good job... Reminds me of a venom kit which used to be popular on cars

The only thing you should worry about driving through heavy rain and puddles coz it will be easier for you to suck in water
thanks...yop, that is true and that is why i revised it... before it was good up to 7inches "horrible" now I can drive up a 14inches of water and anything above that the intake air hole in the chassis get plugged and the car dies so nothing gets sucked in, I just had a good test with floods 3 days ago and it passed going through foot of water ...but nothing beats my 850 design, up to 2 feet...better than stock...

my 850

before 7inch of the ground

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very clever, too bad in tucson(where I am) the air on the ground is hotter than the air in the engine bay.
thanks, sucking and precooking 150 to 200ºF right above the coolant radiator and air-box getting heated up to 200ºF in your engine bay...i would not worry. :D

·
Registered
915 Posts
dude! ever been out here? the pavement is 225+! its stupid. Thats why I'm jonesing for my FMIC/meth, Sarasota FL? right? My fam is in Punta gorda/port Char

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dude! ever been out here? the pavement is 225+! its stupid. Thats why I'm jonesing for my , Sarasota FL? right? My fam is in Punta gorda/port Char
ohhh... hell yes, you should do FMIC/meth...that'll definitely help...just make it happen...yop sar. fl.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Nice! Always clean and always well done!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I installed a simple FMIC sprayer to cool a bit. I'm not ready for meth so the 70/30 water/isopropyl mix works for me. Reservoir is mounted in the trunk, switch in the CCM row with an idiot light on my boost gauge pod. I have no way of knowing if it actually does anything useful, but it's a fun project.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I installed a simple FMIC sprayer to cool a bit. I'm not ready for meth so the 70/30 water/isopropyl mix works for me. Reservoir is mounted in the trunk, switch in the CCM row with an idiot light on my boost gauge pod. I have no way of knowing if it actually does anything useful, but it's a fun project.
Did you take some pictures of before/during/after?? Would be nice to see, any DIY threads I enjoy viewing very much. Dougy has quite a few and always well done.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Did you take some pictures of before/during/after?? Would be nice to see, any DIY threads I enjoy viewing very much. Dougy has quite a few and always well done.
I didn't but I'll try to get a few and do a little write up. Total cost for parts was less than $50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts