SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,171 Posts
Michael, I'm young and excited too but even I recognize the immaturity from that group, even if I'm one if it's contributors. I'll be bringing the 2002 this time around, though. Look forward to it!
Don't worry, you're not one of the contributors! You're one of the people I like to hang out with. :)

The last time I went, there was a rev off (which is hugely frowned upon and can be ticketed since we're in a public place early in the morning) and then they were trying to hotbox a Volvo 240 with whatever was in their vapes. I'm not hating, everyone is free to do what they want. That's just not what I want to be around and I don't want to be associated with that type behavior...
I'm also getting crankier as I get older, lol.

It all falls under the stereotypes associated with specific forums. The differences between C30Crew, SwedeSpeed, VolvoSpeed, and TurboBricks are well known at Carlisle and are starting to be seen at Caffeine and Octane.

But I really want to see this 2002! Shoot me a message when you get there so I can come take a look.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I haven’t gone in a while either. For one it’s been ungodly hot but two is the scene can sometimes be weird.

I would have really been uncomfortable with the revoff and stuff. I think I’m old and cranky too. I just think there’s a time and place for things and that isn’t the time and place for it.

I may come around again for this next one. Maybe bring the V90 or even the 740 if I have it then.

·
Super Moderator
15,171 Posts
I really appreciate that Don has been getting there super early to block off spaces for everyone and also getting more interest in the Volvo group. There used to only be 3 or 4 of us who would regularly show up (back when it was off Windward Parkway). But now I occasionally just park in the masses or hang out with the gear heads who appreciate all makes/models and unique builds.

Let's hit the mountain roads or the track and I'll stick around all day. If we're just parking to look at cars, I'm usually gone by 9am.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I really appreciate that Don has been getting there super early to block off spaces for everyone and also getting more interest in the Volvo group. There used to only be 3 or 4 of us who would regularly show up (back when it was off Windward Parkway). But now I occasionally just park in the masses or hang out with the gear heads who appreciate all makes/models and unique builds.

Let's hit the mountain roads or the track and I'll stick around all day. If we're just parking to look at cars, I'm usually gone by 9am.
I would be interested in running up to the mountains one day. I’m all XCs so don’t expect me to get down those curvy roads fast lol.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm in for a mountain drive and hang out day sometime in the fall.

261 - 265 of 265 Posts