SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Planning on being there on Sunday. First time in a few months.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Planning on being there on Sunday. First time in a few months.
The museum-piece VR got delivered sooner than expected so I will bring it down there tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
We are on the row in front of capital grille now

·
Registered
65 Posts
Y'all have fun. Late night and a sick baby this morning are keeping me away. Look forward to meeting y'all soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
So next time I won't turn down the first aisle where we used to be, I'll actually keep going. Met up with the usual suspects and other Volvos on the next aisle over from where we used to be.

Also 6:30 is no longer early enough. Need to start looking pre-6 arrival.

I'll do better next time!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Maybe I can make it this month. It's this coming Sunday right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. This Sunday.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It seems like I am seeing more and more nicely kept P80 cars around Atlanta. Seen several really clean/nice S70 T5's and V70 T5s. Also seen a few V70R's as well as 850R's sedan and estate. Im loving it.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ill try but the t5 is in the shop getting forged rods, pistons, darton sleeves, SS intake and exhaust valves, new crank, and TD05 20g turbo.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ill try but the t5 is in the shop getting forged rods, pistons, darton sleeves, SS intake and exhaust valves, new crank, and TD05 20g turbo.
Ohhh, I wanna see that when it's done!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Alright I'm officially cancelling. It's going to be 19 Sunday morning until almost 9 am. I was born and raised here. I'm not built for this burn your face cold lol.

·
Registered
16,831 Posts
Yeah, F that. I’d cancel too. Maronha and I waited about 40 minutes standing around outside on 12-26 in Annapolis and it was probably 30. Finally, people showed up, but I wasn’t going to wait much longer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ohhh, I wanna see that when it's done!
blame Re-Volv for the delay. I ordered k1 rods and custom 84mm wiseco pistons as well as full set of inconel stainless exhaust and intake valves on January 4th. I just received everything at the end of April 30th. I was told that I would have received everything on February 1st. I had to contact my bank and file a fraud report against Re-Volv. It's funny because shortly after I filed a fraud report the parts started rolling in. That guy Nick at re-volv is a joke. He would not answer the phone nor return my emails. When he did, he always has some excuse like the company was on backorder. But when I checked with these companies, they said there was no backorder and they asked me to give them an order confirmation number so that they could check the status of my parts. Revolve would never give me the confirmation number. This led me to believe that they didn't order any of the parts until I filed the dispute with my bank. And it's funny that they told me that all my parts would take around a month, because when I filed the claim, it took exactly a month for re-volv to get me all my parts. My car should have been finished now, but instead I am just now getting to start on it. In the roughly four months of waiting time that I had, I purchased a 2005 s60r. Now I have two cars to work on, but I can at least bring the r to the meets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Caffeine and Octane Meet?

Does anyone on here go to the monthly C&O meet? Iv never been and was thinking about going in 2 weeks. Was just curious if there was an area volvos park?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
There's usually a good Volvo representation and we'll have an area blocked off for parking across from the exotic lot (Dillard's / Cheese Cake Factory lot). You usually want to get there around 6am if you want a spot.

I don't normally go... Not really my scene. It's an amazing experience your first few times with so many amazing cars to see (usually 1400+). But 95% of the cars are the same every month and there is a noticeable immaturity level with some of the Volvo scene (mostly Facebook people and not forum users)... I'm not complaining, they're young and excited and we were all that way at one point. I just don't like parking; I built a track car to be driven, not looked at.

However, I will be there this coming month with the V50 and possibly bringing a Boxster S. The C30 track car is out of commission, but she should be back and might make an appearance in September.

(by the way, I'm merging your thread with our main C&O thread)

·
Registered
16,831 Posts
Sorry for your experience. I had nothing but good experience with Nick and re-volv. He was very responsive, and sent me a replacement part quickly when the one that first shipped was broken upon arrival, no questions asked. Of course, the things I sought were more cosmetic.
blame Re-Volv for the delay. I ordered k1 rods and custom 84mm wiseco pistons as well as full set of inconel stainless exhaust and intake valves on January 4th. I just received everything at the end of April 30th. I was told that I would have received everything on February 1st. I had to contact my bank and file a fraud report against Re-Volv. It's funny because shortly after I filed a fraud report the parts started rolling in. That guy Nick at re-volv is a joke. He would not answer the phone nor return my emails. When he did, he always has some excuse like the company was on backorder. But when I checked with these companies, they said there was no backorder and they asked me to give them an order confirmation number so that they could check the status of my parts. Revolve would never give me the confirmation number. This led me to believe that they didn't order any of the parts until I filed the dispute with my bank. And it's funny that they told me that all my parts would take around a month, because when I filed the claim, it took exactly a month for re-volv to get me all my parts. My car should have been finished now, but instead I am just now getting to start on it. In the roughly four months of waiting time that I had, I purchased a 2005 s60r. Now I have two cars to work on, but I can at least bring the r to the meets

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's usually a good Volvo representation and we'll have an area blocked off for parking across from the exotic lot (Dillard's / Cheese Cake Factory lot). You usually want to get there around 6am if you want a spot.

I don't normally go... Not really my scene. It's an amazing experience your first few times with so many amazing cars to see (usually 1400+). But 95% of the cars are the same every month and there is a noticeable immaturity level with some of the Volvo scene (mostly Facebook people and not forum users)... I'm not complaining, they're young and excited and we were all that way at one point. I just don't like parking; I built a track car to be driven, not looked at.

However, I will be there this coming month with the V50 and possibly bringing a Boxster S. The C30 track car is out of commission, but she should be back and might make an appearance in September.

(by the way, I'm merging your thread with our main C&O thread)
Michael, I'm young and excited too but even I recognize the immaturity from that group, even if I'm one if it's contributors. I'll be bringing the 2002 this time around, though. Look forward to it!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 265 Posts