SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
I know I keep saying this, but I will be there this Sunday barring any unfortunate circumstances.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
May have to check this out sometime.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Last minute trip to the dragon with a few friends this weekend. It'll be a good opportunity to tweak the C30's suspension for C30s Conquer the Dragon in the spring, as well as put the V50's recent mods to the test. No C&O for me this month, but hopefully next month!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Anyone going this morning?
I'm not so sure I enjoy going to these as much anymore. Kind of hectic. I much prefer when we Volvos get together on a smaller scale. I think it's time for a spring mini meet up!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm not so sure I enjoy going to these as much anymore. Kind of hectic. I much prefer when we Volvos get together on a smaller scale. I think it's time for a spring mini meet up!
I like one-brand specific model meet ups too, but Caffeine and Octane in ATL has turned into the world's largest car meet up... and it's incredible to see the variety of machines.

James Bond car...

Trucks...

Why put a roll bar in a slammed BMW?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Why put a roll bar in a slammed BMW?
No, the real question is why stance an M3, which is fully deserving of the roll bar.
I know airlift has a great track setup now, but it's not the direction I would take and still not the ideal suspension for a track car.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like one-brand specific model meet ups too, but Caffeine and Octane in ATL has turned into the world's largest car meet up... and it's incredible to see the variety of machines.
I agree. And I do really enjoy going every once in awhile, but to be honest, when I'm at Caffeine and Octane, the last thing I wanna do is focus only on the Volvos and hang with only the Volvo people. I like to walk around at my own pace and see the goods. So to have a C&O Volvo meet up is kinda "meh" to me. I'd rather focus on the Volvos and the Volvo people when it's just us, and focus on everything else that's cool when I'm at C&O.

When I do make it out to C&O, I am always happy to see fellow Volvo people there, but car shows just get a little boring to me when I attend them with too much frequency. Cool cars, yes, but a lot of people just sitting around walking and talking sometimes just gets old. I think I'm good for a C&O about once every 3 or 4 months.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you guys are trying to start a new car meet for Volvo's only let me know. I started a meat about four years ago hope at my office near Northlake Mall. That meat kind of died out. It was for import Atlanta. We can still meet up there if you guys would like. Just let me know the best days and time that you guys are available. I used to have the meat scheduled for every Friday from 8 p.m. until everybody decides to leave. It's in a well-lit parking deck. But I can understand if some people can't do Friday night. We could do Saturday during the day as well if that would work better for everyone. You guys let me know. We could also scheduled days for everybody to meet up at pull apart or S&W to grab parts for their cars or we could have a designated day where we help those who need work done on their cars.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Found another arctic camo wagon at Caffeine and Octane last weekend! Randy Pobst also parked with us in his V70R and came over to talk about the cars. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
My T5 has been down for about 2 months. Hopefully I'll have it back by the next caffeine and octane meet.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts